Allow me to blow on Amazons horn for a while

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Just want to say how great Amazon is. I ordered something yesterday evening, with my prime membership I got next day delivery. Tracking my package sent via UPS just found out they sent it NDA, I looked up the cost, would have been $69 just for shipping alone, but I got it for only 5 dollars.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just want to say how great Amazon is. I ordered something yesterday evening, with my prime membership I got next day delivery. Tracking my package sent via UPS just found out they sent it NDA, I looked up the cost, would have been $69 just for shipping alone, but I got it for only 5 dollars.
Yeah, they are so great that we basically deliver their products for free, but the company has thin profit margins and can’t afford to pay regular drivers.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
TupYweRlpmAdLZm-800x450-noPad.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is any tax money flowing to Amazon? If it is, it should stop right now.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have been delivering bottled water from Amazon. If it is cheaper for us to deliver water than going to the store (less than a mile away) then we are not charging enough.

Last edited:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Yeah, amazon is great alright. I was expecting a package yesterday. Amazon website said it was delivered and handed to resident. Nope. I opened my front door, picked the package up and opened it. It had a box of garbage bags in it. I ordered a blood pressure monitor. I live at 4023. The package was for 4103, my next door neighbor. I walked back outside. The driver was parked in front of my neighbor's house. There was a guy on foot standing beside the truck talking to the driver. I told him that this package wasn't mine. He walked up to my neighbor's house and retrieved my package from her door and handed it to me. He put the opened package on my neighbor's door. He said something like "oh well, it's opened. Nothing I can do about that." I kinda gave him the what for about misdelivering people's stuff. He then started making excuses. "amazon's GPS gives us a choice of 4 houses to leave the package at." That may be fine, but then I'd think you would rely on the numbers available. My house has numbers on the mailbox, the curb and the house, all plainly visible. Then he starts in with this: "It's my day off. I shouldn't even be here. I'm a trainer and I'm training this driver." If this is an example of the quality of their training and delivery personnel, well, that's pretty pitiful.

Yeah, amazon is great alright. I was expecting a package yesterday. Amazon website said it was delivered and handed to resident. Nope. I opened my front door, picked the package up and opened it. It had a box of garbage bags in it. I ordered a blood pressure monitor. I live at 4023. The package was for 4103, my next door neighbor. I walked back outside. The driver was parked in front of my neighbor's house. There was a guy on foot standing beside the truck talking to the driver. I told him that this package wasn't mine. He walked up to my neighbor's house and retrieved my package from her door and handed it to me. He put the opened package on my neighbor's door. He said something like "oh well, it's opened. Nothing I can do about that." I kinda gave him the what for about misdelivering people's stuff. He then started making excuses. "amazon's GPS gives us a choice of 4 houses to leave the package at." That may be fine, but then I'd think you would rely on the numbers available. My house has numbers on the mailbox, the curb and the house, all plainly visible. Then he starts in with this: "It's my day off. I shouldn't even be here. I'm a trainer and I'm training this driver." If this is an example of the quality of their training and delivery personnel, well, that's pretty pitiful.
But you got free shipping.....

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I was backing out of my driveway a while back and I saw 3 packages on the curb next to the mailbox at the same neighbor's house. It was amazon again. I actually picked them up and hid them on their porch. Don't know that we have had any porch pirate thefts on my street, but that would be just too tempting for anyone driving by. I can't even imagine what kind of money amazon pays in claims.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have been delivering bottled water from Amazon. If it is cheaper for us to deliver water than going to the store (less than a mile away) then we are not charging enough.
No one charges them enough and it's frustrating because this could have been taken care of 10 years ago.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was backing out of my driveway a while back and I saw 3 packages on the curb next to the mailbox at the same neighbor's house. It was amazon again. I actually picked them up and hid them on their porch. Don't know that we have had any porch pirate thefts on my street, but that would be just too tempting for anyone driving by. I can't even imagine what kind of money amazon pays in claims.
The story about gps giving them 4 choices of where to deliver and they basically pick one without looking at numbers. That just shows how pathetic they are.

rod

Retired 22 years
My daughter has a friend who works part time for Amazon. She takes her kids to school, gets her errands for the day done then gets on line with Amazon and tells them how many hours she has available before she has to pick up her kids again. I guess she then drives to an Amazon depot and they have 20 or 30 residential stops for her to deliver around her part of town. (Dallas area) She says she loves it and makes some spending money also. If she don't have any time available for that day she just don't get on line with them.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Amazon started using their own delivery drivers. The problem is that all packages are marked delivered but don't show up until a day or 2 later.