Almost out of days

nystripe96

If I run out of sick/optional days & still need to take a day off can any disciplinary action be taken against me? I only have 1 sick day remaining prior to my days resetting May 1st

Purplepackage

Regardless of how you may feel sometimes you are not an indentured slave to the company.

If you have 1 unexcused call off they can't do anything about it

nystripe96

I just want to stay off the radar. All the senior drivers tell me to use all my days otherwise I get taxed heavier by working them. As long as I can't get disciplined for going over my alotted amount I'll def feel better about the situation

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if you're sick . you're sick. at my hub they can request a drs note if its 3 days in a row which has been discussed here since the beginning of time.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I just want to stay off the radar. All the senior drivers tell me to use all my days otherwise I get taxed heavier by working them. As long as I can't get disciplined for going over my alotted amount I'll def feel better about the situation
You're not really going to show up on the radar unless you start taking a ton of days. You're not going to get disciplined for taking unpaid days. They aren't going to like it a lot. But it's better to have someone at home than puking everywhere.

Not to mention we don't really keep track of your days. Yes we can pull it up in timecards, which does track it. But if you're taking a sick day tomorrow and then another unpaid in April, we aren't going to pay much attention to it. Heck we may not even remember it. It may get coded as a sick day. But payroll will see it and not pay you for it since you used them all up.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you are taxed at a heavy rate when you cash them in for some reason. I have 45 days in my sick bank which is the maximum. they told me if I go over the max, the automatically cash them out on july 1st.

so I take them about 1 or 2 a month. its fun to tell them im not sick . just need to use them so they don't cash them out on me. even if they beg I say no. " it's your party game guys" ( laughing )

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
you are taxed at a heavy rate when you cash them in for some reason. I have 45 days in my sick bank which is the maximum. they told me if I go over the max, the automatically cash them out on july 1st.

so I take them about 1 or 2 a month. its fun to tell them im not sick . just need to use them so they don't cash them out on me. even if they beg I say no. " it's your party game guys" ( laughing )

Really you get comp days. We never had that option up here. Too bad

oldupsman

Wow. We were never allowed to bank more than 9 sick days.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If I run out of sick/optional days & still need to take a day off can any disciplinary action be taken against me? I only have 1 sick day remaining prior to my days resetting May 1st

Want to buy some of mine? I still have 4 option days and 3 sick days before the May 1 reset. I'll sell them for $500/each