Am I a seasonal driver and what does this mean

Mike72999

Hi tomorrow is my last day of training and I was given a route tuesday through Saturday going to the same place every night any chances of this being permanent or do it seem like typical seasonal driver work that wont turn into a permanent job and be ready to be let go first week in January oh and there was no training on hooking up pubs just one week of dry van

dysphunktion

A decent sup
Your route really won't mean much when it comes to going FT/PT. It's just the route. Please don't count on getting moved into a permanent position as it doesn't happen enough to warrant getting hopes up.
The main thing us mean 'ol management types look for in our PVD's, seasonal helpers is a strong work ethic, good attitude, ability to get along with the drivers and all that. Those are the ones I keep tabs on when peak ends and we have an opening, or later down the road.

RolloTony Brown Town

Hi tomorrow is my last day of training and I was given a route tuesday through Saturday going to the same place every night any chances of this being permanent or do it seem like typical seasonal driver work that wont turn into a permanent job and be ready to be let go first week in January oh and there was no training on hooking up pubs just one week of dry van

you are 100% seasonal and will be let go by January 15th. Thank you for your service.

dysphunktion

A decent sup

Ah, feeder. Man, I wish I could tell you that as long as you bust ass and get it done that UPS will see it and welcome you with open arms. But..no. You are more than likely out of here Jan 15th. It does give you a better likelihood of being re-hired next peak, if that means anything for you. I'd like to say that having worked seasonal that it gives you a leg up on any positions that may open but unless you know someone who can pull strings, it's a roll of the dice.

Ah, feeder. Man, I wish I could tell you that as long as you bust ass and get it done that UPS will see it and welcome you with open arms. But..no. You are more than likely out of here Jan 15th. It does give you a better likelihood of being re-hired next peak, if that means anything for you. I'd like to say that having worked seasonal that it gives you a leg up on any positions that may open but unless you know someone who can pull strings, it's a roll of the dice.
Have you ever seen a seasonal Feeder driver accept a FT delivery driver job after peak?

Heavy Package

do it seem like typical seasonal driver work oh and there was no training on hooking up pubs just one week of dry van

Good God-Get off the crack pipe. You are a seasonal monkey who needs to dance to the UPS drum until January 15th. Then, just like musical chairs, the music will stop and you will be left looking around and wondering what the hell just happened.

Mack37

Here we go again with all the guys that work at itty bitty little centers in the middle of nowhere. How many feeder drivers does this center have? If not many then you probably will be gone in January. Big centers keep seasonals almost year round and they pull the majority of the fulltime feeder drivers from the seasonals. My center had 40+ seasonals pretty much the entire year.

So basically: small center= bad
Big center= good

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here we go again with all the guys that work at itty bitty little centers in the middle of nowhere. How many feeder drivers does this center have? If not many then you probably will be gone in January. Big centers keep seasonals almost year round and they pull the majority of the fulltime feeder drivers from the seasonals. My center had 40+ seasonals pretty much the entire year.

So basically: small center= bad
Big center= good
That may be true in some areas but it's definitely not true around here.