Am I being targeted?

fty589

So I’ve been having a consistent problem with packages that are supposed to be on my route not showing up on my edd. Today I had a next day air on my truck that wasn’t in my edd. I didn’t find it until after 12 so it was late. Some days multiple packages are on my truck that aren't in my edd and I have to possession scan them into my edd screen or go to the stop and enter the addresses in manually. One day I had a nda package that wasn't shown in my edd which I found in the 6000 shelf later in the day. Another time there was a nda buried in the 2000 shelf even though the hin on it was 3000. Aren't all ndas supposed to be in the 1000s shelf?

I'm suspicious that this might be an effort by supervision/management to get me in trouble because about a couple months ago I was getting blamed for packages that were misloaded onto someone else's truck not getting scanned, even though at this new facility hundreds of packages weren't getting scanned the first couple of weeks after it opened, yet I was the only one getting targeted. Anyone know what the deal might be?

pierregarcon

Usually during peak, or leading up to it, its your fellow drivers bringing back misloads and just throwing them on the belt. They don't get a new HIN, so they don't show up in EDD. I've pleaded with guys. Dump the misloads on the belt all you want, but scratch out the HIN so at least I know they are back there.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Usually during peak, or leading up to it, its your fellow drivers bringing back misloads and just throwing them on the belt. They don't get a new HIN, so they don't show up in EDD. I've pleaded with guys. Dump the misloads on the belt all you want, but scratch out the HIN so at least I know they are back there.
In NYMNS the PT Sups afforded us the dignity of black crayons to scratch them out...

542thruNthru

If you are truly concerned then start documenting. Make a folder in your picture and take a pic of your commit screen before you leave every day. Also send a message of your number of commit on EDD and physically counted.

It's all about documenting

Sixth Punch Sense

Have y
So I’ve been having a consistent problem with packages that are supposed to be on my route not showing up on my edd. Today I had a next day air on my truck that wasn’t in my edd. I didn’t find it until after 12 so it was late. Some days multiple packages are on my truck that aren't in my edd and I have to possession scan them into my edd screen or go to the stop and enter the addresses in manually. One day I had a nda package that wasn't shown in my edd which I found in the 6000 shelf later in the day. Another time there was a nda buried in the 2000 shelf even though the hin on it was 3000. Aren't all ndas supposed to be in the 1000s shelf?

I'm suspicious that this might be an effort by supervision/management to get me in trouble because about a couple months ago I was getting blamed for packages that were misloaded onto someone else's truck not getting scanned, even though at this new facility hundreds of packages weren't getting scanned the first couple of weeks after it opened, yet I was the only one getting targeted. Anyone know what the deal might be?
Part about NDA's in the 1000 shelf, not always but mostly. If it's part of a bulk stop they could be in your 8500s RDR 6500 etc. I've had a random one in my 2000's as well.

The edd thing sounds like a board issue. Have you talked to the OMS office. You could be getting an update to your edd that isn't showing up?

PT Car Washer

Preload is a disaster and management is just trying to pass the blame onto someone else. Just do your job like a sup is looking over your shoulder everyday. You will be fine.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Count your air and compare it to your air manifest before you leave the building. Report anything missing and report any air found in the load. Cover your tail and don't worry about somebody else's mistakes.

JustDeliverIt

The last thing I would do in the building was get EDD again. Punch in and download it when you get there. Then, once I verified air that I was supposed to have get EDD again as I was closing the bulkhead. It's the best you can do and if extra packages are still in your truck then it's a system failure and you can't change that.

The only other thing would be to send every misload in as you find them. CYA and it is what it is.

purehavanne

Send a message thru the board as well as a misload scan for every air found. If no instructions are given on what to do with it....MISSED.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

You’re always being targeted, but that’s just incompetence on pre loads end. Always cover your ass. Take pictures, send messages when and where you found them, scan your misloads by 2:30 and wait for further instruction on what to do with the packages.

AKCoverMan

Always get EDD again right before driving away from building, Then send in ODS message on any package found on board but not in your EDD as soon as you discover it. Might be a lot of messages but it’s CYA and at some point the constant drumbeat of your documentation will get someone’s attention.

Look at the fine print on bottom of pal, it shows date and time it was printed. You can verify if it’s in fact a,pal from previous day as another poster mentioned.

Another way they disappear from EDD is if the system detects an address it can’t locate (believe they call this system SNAP) it will cut the package to a route called “BAD” and they are supposed to get it off the car during preload and clerk it but I’ve foand them still on my car before. Usually a bad house number I.e. address to 213 Main but was supposed to be 231 Main and 213 doesn’t exist so system kicks it out. I know most of my rural route customers so I can usually figure it out. If I know the correct address I deliver it and do on road address correction after sending in message about discovering package on board with my pal but not in my EDD. If I don’t know correct address for sure or if it’s impractical to back track when I discover it it gets NSN and will get to customer next day.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Yes, you are being targeted.. watch your back

rustys954rr

Send every misload in as you find it and put comments in the load quality section. As long as your not loading your truck you have nothing to worry about.