Am i eligible for ft driver if i get disqualified as cover

Frowncafe

Was wondering if i could apply for full-time driver if i get dq'd as a cover. My manager doesnt like me for filling a grievece during peak for altering my pay rate.. im still in my 30 days on day 24 and heard they were gonna dq the next day o work

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Was wondering if i could apply for full-time driver if i get dq'd as a cover. My manager doesnt like me for filling a grievece during peak for altering my pay rate.. im still in my 30 days on day 24 and heard they were gonna dq the next day o work
How did they alter your pay rate?

rod

Retired 22 years
Managers like VERY few people. And the people who think they are liked usually get stabbed in the back at the first sign of trouble.

Ummm, I could be wrong, but probably just the opposite. And depends on where you are and how weak or strong your local is.
Here, runner-gunners just get 30 days in to be Cover and that trumps seniority (here, anyway. (I know, needs to be addressed at our next contract)Others with seniority applying for full time get a "packet" and there is no language that they ever have to give you 30 days. So if you get it done and don't crash, but don't knock it out of the ball park so they can keep piling it on you, they keep you, not officially DQ'd, so they have you to bail them out when the don't "expect the unexpected" and can run out airs or some bulk garbage. Keep track of everytime you do deliver ground, though. If they aren't, you might make your 30 and they won't realize it.
Here it's 30 within 120.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ummm, I could be wrong, but probably just the opposite. And depends on where you are and how weak or strong your local is.
Here, runner-gunners just get 30 days in to be Cover and that trumps seniority (here, anyway. (I know, needs to be addressed at our next contract)Others with seniority applying for full time get a "packet" and there is no language that they ever have to give you 30 days. So if you get it done and don't crash, but don't knock it out of the ball park so they can keep piling it on you, they keep you, not officially DQ'd, so they have you to bail them out when the don't "expect the unexpected" and can run out airs or some bulk garbage. Keep track of everytime you do deliver ground, though. If they aren't, you might make your 30 and they won't realize it.
Here it's 30 within 120.

Hey girl how you been
Weren't you trying to qualify?
How'd it go

Hey girl how you been
Weren't you trying to qualify?
How'd it go
Hi Burr!
Every time I'd come close to scratch, I'd get blown out the next day with a new area but was told "that's part of the route" when all the drivers said it's really not. Just driving air after preload.
No worries. Their loss. Back to my hobbies. Padded up my 401k for a few weeks!

KOG72

I’m full of it
Hi Burr!
Every time I'd come close to scratch, I'd get blown out the next day with a new area but was told "that's part of the route" when all the drivers said it's really not. Just driving air after preload.
She lives......hi

Nobody answered the question though. Can someone who gets disqualified from cover driving become full time when it's their turn in the seniority lineup?

Ms.PacMan

Hi Burr!
That's too bad. They did that to me 25 yrs ago. Some things never change.

Brisket

Hi Burr!

Just wait , if you decide to try again, they will throw either a split car at you ( even though it is not supposed to happen, or 'today you are gonna have two cars- first car the post office, th n come back and finish the route)...