Am I loosing it?

bigmistake

Delivering in an apt. Building. Unable to get it, I call the number on the package. No answer. I sheet it as NI1 and move on. A few hours later, my phone starts ringing off the hook. It's the woman I was attempting to deliver to. She's wanting to know who called her phone. On about the 30th try (not exaggerating) I answer. She wants to know who was calling her. I tell het she should of answered and hang up. This truly ruined my weekend. What I get for feeding into their no more than 5 send agains. Am I loosing it?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Delivering in an apt. Building. Unable to get it, I call the number on the package. No answer. I sheet it as NI1 and move on. A few hours later, my phone starts ringing off the hook. It's the woman I was attempting to deliver to. She's wanting to know who called her phone. On about the 30th try (not exaggerating) I answer. She wants to know who was calling her. I tell het she should of answered and hang up. This truly ruined my weekend. What I get for feeding into their no more than 5 send agains. Am I loosing it?

In a word: yes.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Most smartphones you can block the number, My phone would have stopped ringing after the 2nd attempt.
Otherwise, you tried to go the extra mile so don't worry about it.

UPSGUY72

If you can't get in it's Ni1 and move on. Calling the phone number on the box could create more problems than it's worth as you found out especially now that she has your number she'll be calling you every time you leave a Ni1 notice looking for her package...

If you decide to call a customer again use *67 when calling a customer it will block your number from showing up. However if the customer blocks unlisted numbers than you won't get through. It's easier to leave info notice and move on.

Overpaid Union Thug

You should never call the customer. Let the center handle that mess. Your scenario is a perfect example of why.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

What I get for feeding into their no more than 5 send agains. Am I loosing it?
You know what you say when you bring it back I didn't feel the location was secure and I didn't want to risk a claim.

Don't feel bad. There are a lot of idiot customers out there. But like others said, let the center handle it. There's a reason we don't give out the number, block yours if you're going to call someone.

CHALLY9TX

I never call resi customers. They're always more trouble than it's worth. And who care how many send agains you have. As long as you made valid attempts then you're good.

SCV good to go sir.

I made a similar mistake during air driving when the iphone 6 came out. I was getting signatures for all of them but I finally got to a residential address without a response. I really didn't want a send again. So I called the number, nothing. Left the infonotice and left. As I'm wrapping up the rest of my deliveries the woman calls me back and asks me to please try again since her boyfriend was supposed to be home. I head straight over and no response. I call her again saying I'm at the house, his car is in the driveway but no answer. She asks me to wait a couple of minutes while she calls her boyfriend. I wait for 3, then call her back and tell her I will finish the rest of my deliveries and attempt again before I head back in. She assured me that her boyfriend would answer that time. While I'm making these deliveries, she's constantly calling and texting me asking me if I'm on my way, how many deliveries I have left, and to please make the attempt.

After finishing the rest of my deliveries (the last of which I had to drive through a maze of mobile homes only to find myself in a dead end and had to back all the way out while some old ass lady was yelling at me saying I was getting too close to :censored2:) I call her to tell her I'm on my way figuring that will shut her up. Wrong, she's texting me nonstop. I get to the house, the boyfriend's car is still there. No answer. I wait for 5 minutes while she attempts to call him. Finally, I call her back telling her we will try again on Monday. She says no one will be able to answer on Monday because she'll be on vacation and won't be back until Friday. She then asks me how many attempts we will make and I tell her our final attempt will be on Tuesday. She asks me to wait 45 minutes for her to get home from work and I apologize saying I can't. I suggest she arranges to have someone she trusts house sit for her so they can sign for it and she says ok. Not even 10 minutes later, this lady is blowing up my phone with calls and texts. Giving me the play by play of how she's leaving work and getting home, asking me to please come back and wait for her. I tell her I'm already at my center and tell her to please stop insisting as this is my personal number. I see my sup and explain the situation to him. He tells me this is why we never ever call the customers and that I should just ignore her as I've provided enough service.

Lady blew up my phone for the next few hours begging me to make the attempt and that she needs her new phone.

clean hairy

I made a similar mistake during air driving when the iphone 6 came out. I was getting signatures for all of them but I finally got to a residential address without a response. I really didn't want a send again. So I called the number, nothing. Left the infonotice and left. As I'm wrapping up the rest of my deliveries the woman calls me back and asks me to please try again since her boyfriend was supposed to be home. I head straight over and no response. I call her again saying I'm at the house, his car is in the driveway but no answer. She asks me to wait a couple of minutes while she calls her boyfriend. I wait for 3, then call her back and tell her I will finish the rest of my deliveries and attempt again before I head back in. She assured me that her boyfriend would answer that time. While I'm making these deliveries, she's constantly calling and texting me asking me if I'm on my way, how many deliveries I have left, and to please make the attempt.

After finishing the rest of my deliveries (the last of which I had to drive through a maze of mobile homes only to find myself in a dead end and had to back all the way out while some old ass lady was yelling at me saying I was getting too close to :censored2:) I call her to tell her I'm on my way figuring that will shut her up. Wrong, she's texting me nonstop. I get to the house, the boyfriend's car is still there. No answer. I wait for 5 minutes while she attempts to call him. Finally, I call her back telling her we will try again on Monday. She says no one will be able to answer on Monday because she'll be on vacation and won't be back until Friday. She then asks me how many attempts we will make and I tell her our final attempt will be on Tuesday. She asks me to wait 45 minutes for her to get home from work and I apologize saying I can't. I suggest she arranges to have someone she trusts house sit for her so they can sign for it and she says ok. Not even 10 minutes later, this lady is blowing up my phone with calls and texts. Giving me the play by play of how she's leaving work and getting home, asking me to please come back and wait for her. I tell her I'm already at my center and tell her to please stop insisting as this is my personal number. I see my sup and explain the situation to him. He tells me this is why we never ever call the customers and that I should just ignore her as I've provided enough service.

Lady blew up my phone for the next few hours begging me to make the attempt and that she needs her new phone.
Seems as though her old phone is working just fine.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I have a NDA medication shipment ...especially for a veteran....and there is no apt# on it, I will go ahead and call the number on the package just in case they really need it that day. Otherwise, I never call or give out my number to customers, it just causes problems.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Did you block your number from there on out?