Am I owed a weeks pay? HELP!!!

zuma76

Will to make this as simple as possible.

Part Time Seniority Date: 2/10/16
Full Time Driver Senority Date: 10/15/2016

Took my week vacation between 2/10 and 5/1 (then was told to pick 2 weeks after 5/1, since that is when the UPS year starts)

Took my first vacation in August
Took 2nd vacation in September

I didn't get paid for my September vacation. My boss submitted an inquiry and got this response back from payroll

"Employee was not paid for September because employee already advanced one week of vacation (august), this is why employees vacation bank shows -1 week. The employee received 1 week on 2/10/17 and will receive 2 weeks on 2/10/18"

I feel like I started with 0 weeks and when I took my vacation in August it put me to -1. I think I should have been at 1 week and then after I took my vacation that would put me at 0 and then after my September vacation it should put me at -1.

Am I missing something? Getting super frustrated and could use someone who has knowledge in this area.

Thanks!

DOK

Will to make this as simple as possible.

Part Time Seniority Date: 2/10/16
Full Time Driver Senority Date: 10/15/2016

Took my week vacation between 2/10 and 5/1 (then was told to pick 2 weeks after 5/1, since that is when the UPS year starts)

Took my first vacation in August
Took 2nd vacation in September

I didn't get paid for my September vacation. My boss submitted an inquiry and got this response back from payroll

"Employee was not paid for September because employee already advanced one week of vacation (august), this is why employees vacation bank shows -1 week. The employee received 1 week on 2/10/17 and will receive 2 weeks on 2/10/18"

I feel like I started with 0 weeks and when I took my vacation in August it put me to -1. I think I should have been at 1 week and then after I took my vacation that would put me at 0 and then after my September vacation it should put me at -1.

Am I missing something? Getting super frustrated and could use someone who has knowledge in this area.

Thanks!
You aren't eligible for week 2 until after 2/10/18. I believe.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
hqdefault.jpg

MendozaJ

To put it simply, you took one week too many.

You were fortunate to even get one week off as your vacation should have been frozen one year after going full time.

Nimnim

The Nim
I don't know why they had you pick 2 weeks, but I believe the issue is because you went FT so late in the year. You would have accrued enough time for a single week of vacation, August, but it was PT accrued time. So when you took the vacation as FT they paid you more than you had from the PT bank.

Edit: Rereading the OP, you said you took a week vacation between 2/10 and 5/1. That's where your accrued time went. Now I have no clue why you got 3 weeks picked, but you would be at -1 because the 1 went to 0 with the first one you took between 2/10 and 5/1 and the one in August would put you at -1.

Last edited:

Kae3106

is there a payroll # I can call or email? Can't stand dealing with a middle man (boss) to convey my messages.
No. Payroll will not talk directly to anyone. They are far too busy to take calls or emails from anyone who thinks their check is off. Also, they don't have a way to verify who you are and won't discuss confidential pay info. The only way to contact them is to have your center put in Time and Labor inquiries as they have already done.