AM Preload- Do I have to sign all this :censored:?

iDontWorkAtUps

All these little green/red cards and papers i get 2-3 times a week that i get while im working and have no time to read... Do I have to sign if they give me or can i refuse without losing my job. I dont mind the little cards saying i did something good/bad but the papers with pages of print I dont have time to read or even glance at while im on the belt doesnt go well with me.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All these little green/red cards and papers i get 2-3 times a week that i get while im working and have no time to read... Do I have to sign if they give me or can i refuse without losing my job. I dont mind the little cards saying i did something good/bad but the papers with pages of print I dont have time to read or even glance at while im on the belt doesnt go well with me.
No.
Write in RTS (refuse to sign).
If they have a problem with that ask your steward.

laffter

Are these papers training related? I think you're fine to sign paperwork that is part of a training class. Otherwise, you might not want to sign anything without your steward present. At that point, your steward should write RTS in the signature field.

Sometimes we are given papers as part of a PCM. I never read, sign, or turn them in. If they want me to look at something, they can come to me directly and stand there while I read it.

Box Ox

the papers with pages of print I dont have time to read or even glance at while im on the belt doesnt go well with me.

Tell your sups you take your signature seriously and you don't sign your name to anything you don't get a chance to read first. You can take a look at the end of the shift or if and only if there's enough of a break in the action. Because that's reasonable. You can't sign that you've read and/or agree to something if you haven't read it. Even if it's only training material. Because you'll be held accountable for knowing what's on that too.

If you ever Sign Under Protest or Refuse to Sign, don't hesitate to write exactly why at length. Especially if what's on the sheet is clearly wrong or ridiculous. Use the whole sheet if you have to. Who, what, when, why. Otherwise, you might not remember why you did if/when management wants to go after you for one thing or another a few months down the road. And signing something RTS or SUP without an explanation makes you look like the d-bag.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I always add my find print. For example: Driver release form. I added, driver has no idea what is in any given parcel. Shipper can and should code any high value parcel so it will not be driver released.

ski or die

Ski or Die
When management approached me to sign something. I would read it, then explain I only signed my paycheck and grievance forms. Never had any follow-ups for refusing to sign anything they had presented to me.