Am Voting No And This Is Why - 08/21/18

Inthegame

Yet somehow we find that the biggest segment of UPS employees are working for near minimum wage?

How can that be???
The poster I answered is a full time, through progression employee, making another inaccurate statement.

To your question...
Considering the group you're referring to either (a) doesn't work at UPS yet (b) doesn't vote when they do get hired or (c) accepted the job at the offered wage rate, your point is wide of the mark.
Wages are and have always been a slice of the pie. UPS and the IBT have decided your job (FT) has more value thus higher pay than a PT job.
Take away the emotion and it's basic economics.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Am not going to name my Local but can says the very least that we won't get our local contract until between September and October. This says everything about the Teamster's master contract. If the contract is too agreeable, my local have no problem getting the writing done for it, but, then again, if they were working fast then this argument is false.

Lot of local have their contract made. Our have not. Not every local voted yes and without the public record of who voted Yay or Nay, I guess we will never know the vote.

The point that I am making is that the contract required lot of stitching so much that the bargaining committee of my local will have to go to the table to talk with the company.

The master contract will not work for our economic/industry system that will force locals to bargain for plugins to re-write what master contract doesn't or do have.
...a Wallation...

My local (anonymous) has announced that our contract will be presented to us in the late Sept. or Oct. timeframe.

Why the delay? Very simple. The delay is a ploy to "get over on the membership", that is, pass a bad agreement.

I believe other locals have finished their agreements and already put them out for a vote.

(The next paragraph might as well be about the Browns winning season in 2050. I can't figure it out?)

The master agreements will not work if it is so bad, locals need to fix it.

BrownRecycler

...a Wallation...

My local (anonymous) has announced that our contract will be presented to us in the late Sept. or Oct. timeframe.

Why the delay? Very simple. The delay is a ploy to "get over on the membership", that is, pass a bad agreement.

I believe other locals have finished their agreements and already put them out for a vote.

(The next paragraph might as well be about the Browns winning season in 2050. I can't figure it out?)

The master agreements will not work if it is so bad, locals need to fix it.

Close enough. Thank you!

cachmeifucan

No true inflation was.2.9% over Las 12 months. So raise definitely not keeping up with inflation for me. I'm voting no because pension 100$ per full-time year to retire won't worth much in 17 years. Raises are about 30 cents short per year. If I get a .70 raise after taxes and union dues goes up its like 24 dollars extra a week that's weak
I'll agree with 4 out of 5. My crystal ball can't tell me what inflation will be next week much less in 5 years. Contrary to your belief, the CBA's have surpassed inflation for 25 years.
Must be using millennial math.
N