amazing

rod

Retired 22 years
Excuse me for a second..my 30lb rotary telephone is ringing.

Nothing like a rotary phone with an 8 party line. For you youngins - thats 8 different familys sharing the same phone line-- not 8 different keggers to go to.:peaceful:

chev

Nightcrawler
:happy-very: Isn't it amazing how spoiled we are with technology now? Great video DS. Really makes you think how good we really have it. I don't think my kids even know what a rotary phone is, and, oh no!.....what ever would they do with out 500 channels and a computer? :surprised: I remember 5 basic channels and I was lucky to even watch that. Mom usually kicked us out the door and said go play. :happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wynter....you got it !!

Mine was a HE4, growing up.
Then they did away with letters but didn't fully remove them from the phone.
Now, knowing which letters go with what number is actually a trivia question in many quizzes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
:happy-very: Isn't it amazing how spoiled we are with technology now? Great video DS. Really makes you think how good we really have it. I don't think my kids even know what a rotary phone is, and, oh no!.....what ever would they do with out 500 channels and a computer? :surprised: I remember 5 basic channels and I was lucky to even watch that. Mom usually kicked us out the door and said go play. :happy2:
I second that. We had a party line, only 2 families though.

My hubby has told me stories of when he was a little guy (3 yrs old), he would climb up on a chair and ring the operator and ask to talk to his grandma. The operator knew who he was and who he wanted to talk to. Now that was customer service.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That was a time when people didn't "shoot the bull". They said what they had to say and got off the line out of courtesy.

You heard stuff like , "I'll be there in 15 mins.....bye ". Just the important stuff.

Today every 12 yr .old needs a cell phone and all I ever hear them saying is, "I don't know, what're you doing?" :sad-little:

chev

Nightcrawler
I second that. We had a party line, only 2 families though.

My hubby has told me stories of when he was a little guy (3 yrs old), he would climb up on a chair and ring the operator and ask to talk to his grandma. The operator knew who he was and who he wanted to talk to. Now that was customer service.
:surprised: wow! That was a bit before my time. :wink2: