amazon and saturdays?

flying dutchman

I hear the rumor that amazon has came to ups and is wanting us to start working on Saturdays to get there stuff delivered.? anyone hear anything like that

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I hear the rumor that amazon has came to ups and is wanting us to start working on Saturdays to get there stuff delivered.? anyone hear anything like that

Sure they can ship it Saturday NDA or 2 day air all they want.

But if it's grounds or surepost, ups needs to tell them where to go. Especially after the crap Amazon said in the media all the time about ups.

Browndriver5

Sure they can ship it Saturday NDA or 2 day air all they want.

But if it's grounds or surepost, ups needs to tell them where to go. Especially after the crap Amazon said in the media all the time about ups.

We were told we would be starting a ground operation on Saturdays within the next 6 months and within two years UPS would be 7 days a week. This was at our union meeting today

nystripe96

I think the part timers would fill in on Saturdays. Doubt they'd have us work 6 days/week involuntarily considering the 60 hour rule

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Amazon needs to go choke on a sock. We're a delivery business, not a retailer. We're not here to cater to the whims of spoiled, whiny 9-4:30/Mon-Fri people.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
It's coming.

Weren't you the one who predicted a two tier wage last contract and that we would all be taking a $10/HR pay cut to $25/HR max?

Your predictions on ups are never right.

If they do run Saturday ground, it'll be a separate service from regular ground. They probably run it in conjunction like the Saturday air operations are now.