Amazon change?

HomeDelivery

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr, not really...

i delivered a couple of flatscreen TVs for the past few days already.

El Cheapo's wanted me to driver-release them, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYY! I'm getting a signature for every single one of them (indirect signature) or I'll be re-attempting it the next day :knockedout: I don't want to hear it when someone calls in to complain that their TV is not at their porch

Indecisi0n

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr, not really...

i delivered a couple of flatscreen TVs for the past few days already.

El Cheapo's wanted me to driver-release them, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYY! I'm getting a signature for every single one of them (indirect signature) or I'll be re-attempting it the next day :knockedout: I don't want to hear it when someone calls in to complain that their TV is not at their porch

I hate bring TV's back. They are a pain to deal with when i do my pickups (2 hrs worth). Thankfully i am in a good area but even at that i will still hide them on the back porch and cover them with something.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I found out yesterday that Amazon closed 2 distribution points, 1 in Texas and 1 in Cali. They moved all operations to Phoenix. 4 distributions points there now. Our Phoenix hub is swamped, they can't keep up with the influx of volume and have something like 300 employees now at the air hub. They're renting planes to help move the volume. :surprised:

RedThunder

We have a distribution center in lexington, SC. They requested 100 trailers per day be dropped at their location starting this week.

I volunteered to make the trip but they hemmed and hawed so I said friend-it I`ll see you in the yard.
Probably should have went as odds are one of those trls has my package in it.

tarbar66

Seems like we could hire some independents to move them.

How dare you mention using brokers.:happy2: I forgot that it is peak.

The days that I go out I usually see 3 or 4 different tractor rental companies being driven by drivers in browns coming in off the Interstate to switch at a local delivery center. There are also a lot of UPS brown tractors pulling Swift 53' trailers, at least they look better than the old beatup railboxes that I used to deal with.

HomeDelivery

I hate bring TV's back. They are a pain to deal with when i do my pickups (2 hrs worth). Thankfully i am in a good area but even at that i will still hide them on the back porch and cover them with something.

agreed, i'll do the same in some nice neighborhoods & will actually leave the infonotice/ delivery doortag
in their mailbox instead of out in plain sight...

what's one of the first things you check when you get home? your mailbox!:smart:

just be glad no one is shipping CRT TVs anymore:peaceful:

Seems like we could hire some independents to move them.

Well Hoax, heres why. UPS does contract to independent companies to use their drivers. In that contract we agree to give four trailers to each contracted driver. Right now we are so friend-ed that we are only giving them two trailers. The rest of the time they are sitting around waiting on us. The drivers aren`t making money, their company isn`t making money. Their companies are now telling us if they don`t get said contracted number of trailers they`ll send their drivers somewhere else where they will be moving trailers. If that happens you will be getting your CDL and experiencing firsthand what our job entails. We`d be lucky to get Xmas stuff delivered by February.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well Hoax, heres why. UPS does contract to independent companies to use their drivers. In that contract we agree to give four trailers to each contracted driver. Right now we are so friend-ed that we are only giving them two trailers. The rest of the time they are sitting around waiting on us. The drivers aren`t making money, their company isn`t making money. Their companies are now telling us if they don`t get said contracted number of trailers they`ll send their drivers somewhere else where they will be moving trailers. If that happens you will be getting your CDL and experiencing firsthand what our job entails. We`d be lucky to get Xmas stuff delivered by February.

Done feeders and assembled too many sets. I'm too old for that now and no CDL for sure. They'll have to get some young studs for that. And BTW, Ovah understood I was just jabbing at the Union.

Done feeders and assembled too many sets. I'm too old for that now and no CDL for sure. They'll have to get some young studs for that. And BTW, Ovah understood I was just jabbing at the Union.

I understood it too,Hoax. No hard feelings. I was just trying to point out the water is coming over the rails on the Titanic.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I understood it too,Hoax. No hard feelings. I was just trying to point out the water is coming over the rails on the Titanic. If that happens you will be getting your CDL and experiencing firsthand what our job entails.
No problem. I was just pointing out it will not be me. :wink2: