Amazon Drivers: What's Your Pay, Work Hours?

MassWineGuy

How much do you earn and for how many hours a day/week? Do you get any type of training or safety info.? How is it run? Where, how do you pick up your deliveries, and to whom do you answer?

Do you like delivering for Amazon?

I'm an Amazon Delivery Associate (DA). I'm employed by a company that's contracted by Amazon to do deliveries. I'm not Amazon Flex. I use a company vehicle and use a company phone for the GPS/scanning app. I get paid $135/day. I work 4 days a week because days are supposed to be around 10 hours. They usually end up being 10-14 hours though depending on the route. Of course there are also days where you could only take 6-8 hours. Just depends.

There was a day of training where we went to the warehouse for a tour then a conference type training with a PowerPoint. They run a MVR so everyone is supposedly already a good/safe driver (hint that's not true). Then we do one ride along before we're turned loose on our own.

We have a warehouse where freight is trucked in. Warehouse workers sort everything, pick everything, and load our trucks. It sucks because they don't go on road so they load however they want and we frequently get packages from other routes because warehouse workers aren't paying attention. Then it's our responsibility to deliver them anyway.

I answer to my bosses, the owners of the company I work for. We have a manager as well and dispatchers.

I don't like it. I used to work for Express but I had to quit because I moved and there were no open positions where I moved. Basically it's way different from what we were promised but we're not being compensated for the extra stuff we have to do.

I'm not sure if UPS is hiring. I've looked into it before but I need full time employment and from what I've heard you have to start out as a part time warehouse worker before you can drive.

Amazon flex is the deliveries that people use their own cars and their own phones to make deliveries.

I am also a driver for a delivery service provider(DSP) contracted with Amazon. There are 4 or 5 other DSPs at my warehouse and pay similarly. I get paid $167 a day and work 4-5 days a week with the 5th being OT. Medical and dental options are decent. Training was very basic and only took a few days. I had my own full route within a week. Routes are presorted when we come in but we load our own vans. On a typical day I come in at 7-7:30, begin my first stop by 9:45, and finish my last anywhere between 3-5. I answer to my DSP's manager and dispatchers. Overall I enjoy the job on most days. I think the pay is good for the work and I enjoy the exercise and being able to work independently. I'm not sure how long I will stay though since I am still young and this job is pretty dead-end.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am also a driver for a delivery service provider(DSP) contracted with Amazon. There are 4 or 5 other DSPs at my warehouse and pay similarly. I get paid $167 a day and work 4-5 days a week with the 5th being OT. Medical and dental options are decent. Training was very basic and only took a few days. I had my own full route within a week. Routes are presorted when we come in but we load our own vans. On a typical day I come in at 7-7:30, begin my first stop by 9:45, and finish my last anywhere between 3-5. I answer to my DSP's manager and dispatchers. Overall I enjoy the job on most days. I think the pay is good for the work and I enjoy the exercise and being able to work independently. I'm not sure how long I will stay though since I am still young and this job is pretty dead-end.
How many stops?

Damn you can do 220 stops in 6-8 hours? Are your routes super concentrated?

May I ask what state or area you're in? We are trying to get paid more at my warehouse, but maybe you live in a higher cost of living area.

Routes with more than ~170 are nearly all dense residential areas. I am in a major metropolitan area and our warehouse covers a very large portion of the area, so that must have a lot to do with it.