Amazon dropping trailers at UPS

InsideUPS

Just curious.... is it now common practice to have Amazon dropping their trailers at UPS centers for sorting and delivering?

UPSAmazon.jpg

Last edited:

trickpony1

I think it's called "zone skip" which is a cheaper way for the initial shipper.

Makes a lot of sense....give a considerable discount to a company that, at some point, will consume UPS.

rod

#1 on Upstates "list"

Makes a lot of sense....give a considerable discount to a company that, at some point, will consume UPS.
And UPS continues to not see the forest because of the trees.

Johney

And UPS continues to not see the forest because of the trees.
Oh they see it you're a maroon not too, but maybe the people running it now are more interested in taking in the big dividends for a hit and run and really could give a crap about the future of the company or it's employee's. Just a thought.

oldupsman

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The two of them merge or buy each other or whatever.
Especially now with FedEx out of the game.

barnyard

KTM rider
Staff member

We have a shipper that does the same. We pick up 2-4 pups a day. They load up 53 foot trailers for gypsy companies that haul them to a hub where they are unloaded, sorted and sent on their way.

barnyard

KTM rider
Staff member
We have been getting 3 a day. :bored2: And none of Amazon's crap is forecasted.
Are you sure about that?? I had to spot an empty for a gypsy that 'did not have time to do it, because he was under a tight deadline to get the load to wherever.' We have been told that that is our business and if a gypsy cannot spot an empty or get their load off the door, we have to do it.

The boxes in those trailers have UPS labels on them and they have a delivery date commitment.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have a shipper that does the same. We pick up 2-4 pups a day. They load up 53 foot trailers for gypsy companies that haul them to a hub where they are unloaded, sorted and sent on their way.
How is that not an outside contractor doing union work?