Amazon earnings.

barnyard

KTM rider
I listened to an analyst dissecting Amazon the other morning. He was saying something along the lines that Amazon was profitable, it was that instead of paying dividends, they were reinvesting profits into growth. That analyst also opined that eventually investors would demand a return and the investment in growth would come to an end. He thought that Bezos was in a race to expand before the investment hammer dropped.

I think I heard the story on NPR during Morning Edition. Would have been either last week or this week Monday or Tuesday, if someone else wanted to try and listen to it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I listened to an analyst dissecting Amazon the other morning. He was saying something along the lines that Amazon was profitable, it was that instead of paying dividends, they were reinvesting profits into growth. That analyst also opined that eventually investors would demand a return and the investment in growth would come to an end. He thought that Bezos was in a race to expand before the investment hammer dropped.

I think I heard the story on NPR during Morning Edition. Would have been either last week or this week Monday or Tuesday, if someone else wanted to try and listen to it.
That's where profit excluding one time expenses come in.

Still nowhere near the profit that they are priced at.

Amazon is 20 years old. Growth will start slowing soon. Facebook is 10 years old abs reinvests a ton into other ventures. They still make money have over fist.

Returntosender

That's where profit excluding one time expenses come in.

Still nowhere near the profit that they are priced at.

Amazon is 20 years old. Growth will start slowing soon. Facebook is 10 years old abs reinvests a ton into other ventures. They still make money have over fist.
FB will spike if they make the VR game work for them.

Brownslave688

FB will spike if they make the VR game work for them.
FB is lucky. Like google they are in a very low overhead high margin business. With all of the information they have on everyone and their ability to find tune adds. They've just scratched the surface of how much they can profit.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
FB is lucky. Like google they are in a very low overhead high margin business. With all of the information they have on everyone and their ability to find tune adds. They've just scratched the surface of how much they can profit.
I think you and I usually see eye to eye on Amazon, but I disagree here. I think Amazon has even better information on users than facebook does, let me explain.

Facebook uses likes, follows, and friends to determine what ads to send your way. It works out really well. But here's the issue, the targeting can be skewed by those same likes and interests. I like Tesla and HBO on facebook, but it doesn't mean I'm going to buy a Tesla or subscribe to HBO.

What Amazon has is actual data on what you buy. They know I buy Gilette razor blades and like to spend money on tech stuff. They can take that information and actually sell me something I will buy. They can taylor the homepage to me and stuff I'm interested in.

barnyard

KTM rider
Right now, I am getting hammered with Cyber Q ads because a friend bought one, asked me a question and I googled it and found the answer. I have zero intention of buying one as I already have a different controller that works very well. Same thing with razors. I ordered a bunch from a company and after I ordered a 5 year supply (they were having a special), my online ads were dominated by ads from the place where I ordered the razors.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Brownslave688

I think you and I usually see eye to eye on Amazon, but I disagree here. I think Amazon has even better information on users than facebook does, let me explain.

Facebook uses likes, follows, and friends to determine what ads to send your way. It works out really well. But here's the issue, the targeting can be skewed by those same likes and interests. I like Tesla and HBO on facebook, but it doesn't mean I'm going to buy a Tesla or subscribe to HBO.

What Amazon has is actual data on what you buy. They know I buy Gilette razor blades and like to spend money on tech stuff. They can take that information and actually sell me something I will buy. They can taylor the homepage to me and stuff I'm interested in.
Yes but they aren't selling ads. It's their own adds on goods they aren't making any money on. Lmao.

Two different models obviously Amazon just has so much overhead.

Brownslave688

Their margins suck, but when the shareholders tell them show daddy some money, they will improve.
image.png

I think th shareholders just told them. Lol

onehandsolo

Amazon also said they r not planning on building a rival shipping company.
They r mainly buying trailers and possibly leasing planes to give there customers more options during peak season.