Amazon Expands Delivery Trial That Could Hurt FedEx, UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Amazon Expands Delivery Trial That Could Hurt FedEx, UPS - Bloomberg

Amazon.com Inc. is expanding a service launched to make more groceries, cleaning supplies and other products available for quick delivery directly from merchants without overwhelming the e-commerce giant’s warehouses with additional inventory, according to documents reviewed by Bloomberg.

The trial pushes Amazon’s logistical reach beyond its own facilities and into those of its merchants, encroaching on services of long-time delivery partners United Parcel Service Inc. and FedEx Corp. Amazon is enticing the sellers who use the company’s online marketplace with lower delivery costs, logistics software, warehouse inspections and recommendations.

Ghost in the Darkness

Hurry up and get it running, I'm sick of driving around their crap. No more talk, lets just see action. Wouldn't break my heart to see NO amazon parcels waiting for me each morning.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Their delivery service that they have been using sucks, both the company and the contractor. This will go down in flames
I wouldn't bet on that.
The total Loaded cost for their delivery drivers (no pickups) is probably $15/hr versus the $65/hr for a UPS Driver.

Gone fishin

Based on their delivery on - time numbers. People claim packages never delivered and days if not weeks late. People won’t put up with that

MAKAVELI

Well now Amazon can deliver their own damn meth. LMFAO!
Meth Delivery In Skyway Surprises Homeowner
"To be clear, the woman did not just place an order for meth from Amazon. Lol