Amazon Facility Coming How Many New Feeder Jobs??

outta hours

Amazon is opening a new facility in my area in August. Going to ship DVD's, music, movies, books, small electronics. Any one work in an area that has one of these type warehouses. If so how many jobs or runs did it create and sustain for your building? Or do contractors haul all of it? Just trying to get an idea of the number of new jobs we may get from it, if any. Definitely some good news. Thanks....

over9five

Staff member
Amazon is opening a new facility in my area in August. Going to ship DVD's, music, movies, books, small electronics. Any one work in an area that has one of these type warehouses. If so how many jobs or runs did it create and sustain for your building? Or do contractors haul all of it? Just trying to get an idea of the number of new jobs we may get from it, if any. Definitely some good news. Thanks....
Amazon uses USPS for that small stuff (DVDs, CDs, etc).
Even for the other stuff, it all gets delivered to a hub by gypsies.

Talking to a driver that has gone to the Indy 81st hub he has said that the Amazon building in whiteland has blown that building out of the water. What that has done for jobs, etc, I can't tell you. But it sounds like that its close enough to the building that our boys hump it all over.
Dont take the last as gospel.