Amazon forced to re-run election to unionize in alabama.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The ruling came down that Amazon was intimidating employees. So they will revote. We need them to wake up get on board.
The whole country needs to wake up and get onboard with the PRO Act.

This legislation, when law, will prevent these Amazon's shenanigans and ensure a fair election.

cachmeifucan

Its a great law but Congress never wants to pass bills that stand alone they want to group things together some good some horrible. Congress sucks both sides

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Its a great law but Congress never wants to pass bills that stand alone they want to group things together some good some horrible. Congress sucks both sides
It has already passed the House of Representatives and has moved to the Senate.

Now is the time to get it passed, just like the Butch Lewis Act and the Infrastructure Bill.

It is critical to UPS maintaining it's place in the transportation industry.

I'm wondering why UPS doesn't have us writing these letters on the clock like they did a few years back when they did it to try and get FedEx out from under the erroneous protection of the Railway Labor Act???

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

It has already passed the House of Representatives and has moved to the Senate.

Now is the time to get it passed, just like the Butch Lewis Act and the Infrastructure Bill.

It is critical to UPS maintaining it's place in the transportation industry.

I'm wondering why UPS doesn't have us writing these letters on the clock like they did a few years back like they did it to try and get FedEx out of the protection of the Railway Labor Act???
205 Republican Nay votes.

Karma...

I agree....ups should stand with the teamsters and get amazon and fix to go union....level the playing field.....support in the way of finances and political pressure...

Karma...

yes I do....seems it would be more effective helping the union directly and getting the votes to organize....just a thought from a teamster/management/retiree.....we all draw from the same well...

Trailer monkey

yes I do....seems it would be more effective helping the union directly and getting the votes to organize....just a thought from a teamster/management/retiree.....we all draw from the same well...
Unionization at Amazon will never happen under the current laws or even with the pro act. Amazon will have their thumb on the scale no matter what, and even if a union is voted in, Amazon would employ endless delay tactics. The ONLY way to organize Amazon is to employ old school militant shop floor organizing, mass demonstrations, mass picketing and workplace occupation. They have to be hit where they live. They can pay the petty NLRB back pay and fines forever, just part of the cost of doing business.

Karma...

Trailer, if thats what will get the job done what is the hold up?......amazon ( and friend.d.x) have gotten a free ride on not being organized.....it really is sad that ups and the union have let this go on for so long ......taking away many union jobs.....with new union leadership pointed towards unionizing amazon I hope things change......level the playing field and get more union jobs.....

Trailer monkey

Trailer, if thats what will get the job done what is the hold up?......amazon ( and friend.d.x) have gotten a free ride on not being organized.....it really is sad that ups and the union have let this go on for so long ......taking away many union jobs.....with new union leadership pointed towards unionizing amazon I hope things change......level the playing field and get more union jobs.....
There is only so much the union can do from the outside, the organizing has to happen on the inside

meritocracy

Hoping for the best but I don't think the RWDSU/UFCW has what it takes to organize Amazon. They tried to organize workers at Walmart and it was a colossal failure.

meritocracy

The whole country needs to wake up and get onboard with the PRO Act.

This legislation, when law, will prevent these Amazon's shenanigans and ensure a fair election.

Great legislation. Unfortunately people keep voting in GOP senators and economically right-wing Democrats like Krysten Sinema so we can't have it.

Whither

Scofflaw
in that case hire organizer plants and they can organize from the inside........5th column activities
It's correct to think that organizing Amazon would/will be a tremendous challenge -- even with an excellent plan involving many organizations and approaches, including a covert 'army' of salts. I'm all for it and won't rule it out as impossible. But the turnover alone is outrageous and gives Amazon another advantage. It's difficult to gain traction when the cast is always changing.