Amazon now lets you see exactly where your packages are with real-time map

take your time

• Amazon announced it's rolling out a new Map Tracking tool to all users in the US
  • The tracking tool was launched for a select number of users late last November
  • It lets users see exactly where their package is by providing real-time updates of the location of the delivery truck and how long it will take to arrive at your home
  • However, the tool doesn't work for third-party logistics services like UPS, FedEx

How long before this comes to UPS?

So....more telematics. More excuses for the Supervisors to chew your ass out if you even half-a-second behind time allowance.....nice.

Amazon now lets you see where your packages are with real-time map | Daily Mail Online

4C9754A500000578-0-image-a-11_1527177558827.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
  • Amazon announced it's rolling out a new Map Tracking tool to all users in the US
  • The tracking tool was launched for a select number of users late last November
  • It lets users see exactly where their package is by providing real-time updates of the location of the delivery truck and how long it will take to arrive at your home
  • However, the tool doesn't work for third-party logistics services like UPS, FedEx

So....more telematics. More excuses for the Supervisors to chew your ass out if you even half-a-second behind time allowance.....nice.

Amazon now lets you see where your packages are with real-time map | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 194594
This is great for those looking to rob the ups guy.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
That will be a blow to all the drivers that don't follow Orion.
If UPS starts the "your package is 6 stops away" BS , running the list will be an overtime surplus for drivers

Wally

That will be a blow to all the drivers that don't follow Orion.
If UPS starts the "your package is 6 stops away" BS , running the list will be an overtime surplus for drivers
Will they shut if off at peak when I'm flagging stops because of running out of hours?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I get people all the time who come up to me on route asking for their package. Then they tell me they tracked me using the ups app. So we do have it already.

JL 0513

There's so many reasons why this type of thing won't have much accuracy on many of the deliveries we do each day. Especially residential's tracking the movement of the truck not realizing that we often have to pass houses the we have in order to make other commitments (air, business, pickups, etc.). We can pass a house 4 times before delivering it, especially on Orion!

Wally

I get people all the time who come up to me on route asking for their package. Then they tell me they tracked me using the ups app. So we do have it already.
You need to practice the "5 D's of Customer Avoidance"

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge!

worldwide

View attachment 194594

View attachment 194594

UPS has offered this option for the past two years but only for premium shipments and customers enrolled in My Choice.

UPS My Choice Service Enables Users To Track Location Of Their Delivery On Live Map

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have MyChoice and it tracks ground deliveries too. You can put it on satellite and see exactly where the driver is delivering all day. Somebody didn't think this out too well.

Wally

It would be funny if the app included a drivers available hours timer. Especially at peak. This way, the customer can see us nearing their neighborhood, but running out of time... Oh, sooooo sorry! Maybe tomorrow?

upload_2018-5-24_20-16-22.png

john chesney

View attachment 194594
Your package is now in the titty bar parking lot will be available in an hour

ManInBrown

The best is the days where your truck is bricked, and you get a msg at 10:45 that so and so wants to meet you on route to get there package that’s loaded in the 7000 section. Nope, don’t even bother.

iruhnman630

I believe this will be the next evolution of ORION, and will come with a whole new metric showing what percentage of stops we deliver within a certain window of the Orion delivery time.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
MyChoice just gives me a five-hour delivery window, my driver is supposed to come between 12-5PM. He missed my house completely one day, sheeted my plainly marked mailbox as "No Such Number". My Twin Hill UPS Socks were a day late.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I pulled up to a house one day, and the customer comes out looking confused. She pulls up the MyChoice map on her phone that shows me 30 miles away from her house at that moment. Funny but creepy.