Amazon now offering shipping to non amazon sellers

Days

Just hope that the same people that brought us ORION aren't in charge of trying to compete with the likes of Amazon. Oh wait...

Lol. I’m curious how they plan to do this because Amazon saves money by having drivers use their own vehicles. They could remove preloader entirely and make their warehouses stack the boxes at a belt so the driver comes in, takes 20 minutes to load his truck and leaves.

It’s true though, loaders take 4 hours + to load 3-4 trucks having to work the belt and move around what drivers can do in 20 minutes when they focus on only one truck and they can load it the way they want saving time later in the day

pierregarcon

Lol. I’m curious how they plan to do this because Amazon saves money by having drivers use their own vehicles.

That's a thing of the past here. They have either branded Amazon vans or drive Uhaul vans. They park at a parking lot, pickup their van, than drive it to some central warehouse where they load their route.

TTLS1

That's a thing of the past here. They have either branded Amazon vans or drive Uhaul vans. They park at a parking lot, pickup their van, than drive it to some central warehouse where they load their route.

that is the same here, its either the amazon branded vans or the white Nissan vans here(SDF area)

NEOdriver

No kidding! I saw one in my neighborhood that had the whole upper portion dented along the length of the car and had the Amazon logo scrawled on it with sharpie. Classy look.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Which is already bringing them tons of bad press because for $10 an hour we all know what you get.

TTLS1

Which is already bringing them tons of bad press because for $10 an hour we all know what you get.

the one amazon driver who I talked to said he was making 17/hr. I know this isn't great money, but for people who have nothing else I guess 17/hr is good. he was Hispanic, spoke pretty poor English(I was still able to talk with him), so this is the kind of people that will help them get their shipping going.

Bob11B

the one amazon driver who I talked to said he was making 17/hr. I know this isn't great money, but for people who have nothing else I guess 17/hr is good. he was Hispanic, spoke pretty poor English(I was still able to talk with him), so this is the kind of people that will help them get their shipping going.
They also don’t have regular routes...I see different people running routes daily....a lot of one ways and just confusing since it’s in the city...a complete :censored2: show.

Staydryitsraining

Everything that is happening was foreseen by me and alot of other people as far back as 2013. Either the company is broken apart by monopoly or their stock implodes, or and it's a long shot, UPS takes them head on. Otherwise what happens to UPS is inevitable.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
In South Florida the on the books number of amazon volume daily with UPS is close to 30 percent . When they form their own delivery network expect layoffs to effect 10 to 15 year drivers .Back to preload bitches

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Lol. I’m curious how they plan to do this because Amazon saves money by having drivers use their own vehicles. They could remove preloader entirely and make their warehouses stack the boxes at a belt so the driver comes in, takes 20 minutes to load his truck and leaves.

It’s true though, loaders take 4 hours + to load 3-4 trucks having to work the belt and move around what drivers can do in 20 minutes when they focus on only one truck and they can load it the way they want saving time later in the day
Id love to stack 300+ boxes infront of a truck n watch you load it in 20 minutes. Because it takes me 4 hours minimum to do 3 to 9 trucks in preload.

watdaflock?

UPS will become more profitable with less Amazon. All of those rural routes where drivers are out for hours delivering a handful of Amazon packages, killed UPS.

Staydryitsraining

In South Florida the on the books number of amazon volume daily with UPS is close to 30 percent . When they form their own delivery network expect layoffs to effect 10 to 15 year drivers .Back to preload bitches
Hahaha, let me get this straight. According to you if you lost Amazon in your building drivers with 10 to 15 years in would be laid off?? Have you only hired 1 driver per year for 15 years?