Amazon now shipping FedEx SmartPost?

Maplewood

I recieved an Amazon package yesterday. It was FedEx SmartPost. I swear I heard FedEx quit doing SmartPost and that they divorced themselves from Amazon? WTF? Has FedEx been doing this all along and just putting out BS press releases?

bbsam

Staff member
I recieved an Amazon package yesterday. It was FedEx SmartPost. I swear I heard FedEx quit doing SmartPost and that they divorced themselves from Amazon? WTF? Has FedEx been doing this all along and just putting out BS press releases?
Yep.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
What I read was that they were going to deliver their own smartpost instead of dumping it at the post office.

Overpaid Union Thug

It’s because Amazon couldn’t handle the uptick in volume. They lied to the media and public when they said they are “focusing on essential items.” But in reality they couldn’t process all the extra volume and had to start using FedEx/Surepost and the USPS more again or end up with allot of angry Prime Members. If FedEx and the USPS didn’t charge them more this time then they are idiots.