Amazon pcm

Hellobrown2000

center manager told everyone this morning a amazon hub opened up and we're loosing the post office drop offs and volume, he said today we had 79 routes out and 98 drivers.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ask him if we are losing so much volume then why just last week did UPS earnings beat top and bottom lines. Ask him why guidance is positive growth. Ask him why we used Amazon as an excuse to cut routes and avoid the real reason they cut....greed

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ask him if we are losing so much volume then why just last week did UPS earnings beat top and bottom lines. Ask him why guidance is positive growth. Ask him why we used Amazon as an excuse to cut routes and avoid the real reason they cut....greed
Unfortunately, a lot of people believe that "volume drop" nonsense...especially the newbies.

Last night was a total disaster in our hub....way too much work and not enough people....dozens of sups, mostly new ones, all working. The most unsafe and idiotic mess I've seen in a while. Should be a fun peak.

Also OT -always worth a chuckle to watch new hires - mid shift- take their blue vests, throw them in the trash and walk out.

PT Car Washer

Unfortunately, a lot of people believe that "volume drop" nonsense...especially the newbies.

Last night was a total disaster in our hub....way too much work and not enough people....dozens of sups, mostly new ones, all working. The most unsafe and idiotic mess I've seen in a while. Should be a fun peak.

Also OT -always worth a chuckle to watch new hires - mid shift- take their blue vests, throw them in the trash and walk out.
What does a blue vest mean?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ask him why they didn't listen to drivers and charge Amazon full price 5 years ago and put them out of business

haller

We call them aisles in my hub, they're a nightmare, if i was a new hire right now, i'd quit for sure because my spine would be sticking out. I really like being on the belt compared to those trucks.

What does a blue vest mean?

scrubs / new hires/ under 30 days

Browndriver5

Our area just had an Amazon distribution center built. I had a part time supervisor tell me UPS was putting supervisors in the Amazon building to help them coordinate peak season...why are we doing this

oldngray

nowhere special
Our area just had an Amazon distribution center built. I had a part time supervisor tell me UPS was putting supervisors in the Amazon building to help them coordinate peak season...why are we doing this

Maybe UPS Logistics is charging them to set things up. They have done similar things in the past.

Overpaid Union Thug

UPS is solely focused on short term projections because they are only concerned about the dividends of the stock holders. And they are stock holders themselves so......yeah. They focus on making that quick buck (like they did when they sold out and went public) and could care less about the long term effects.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS is solely focused on short term projections because they are only concerned about the dividends of the stock holders. And they are stock holders themselves so......yeah. They focus on making that quick buck (like they did when they sold out and went public) and could care less about the long term effects.

Its all about making numbers for the quarter. Not long term profits.

The investors can always sell their stock if it starts to tank.

By The Book

Its all about making numbers for the quarter. Not long term profits.

The investors can always sell their stock if it starts to tank.
I'm pretty sure making numbers equals long term profits. Using the rinse and repeat method which I learned here by the way.