Amazon Pilots Picket Amazon Shareholder Meeting

Underallowed306

Pilots who fly for Amazon are underpaid and overworked, and it may doom the e-commerce behemoth's aspirations to edge out FedEx and UPS — Business Insider

Pilots who fly for Amazon Air earn 33% less than their colleagues at UPS and FedEx for flying the exact same planes — Business Insider

A good read and a little peek behind the Amazon curtain.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This is good for us. Amazon will soon find out that the cost of delivery isn’t cheap. Wait til a few hundred comp claims come rolling in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pilots who fly for Amazon are underpaid and overworked, and it may doom the e-commerce behemoth's aspirations to edge out FedEx and UPS — Business Insider

Pilots who fly for Amazon Air earn 33% less than their colleagues at UPS and FedEx for flying the exact same planes — Business Insider

A good read and a little peek behind the Amazon curtain.
Amazons whole model depends on paying much lower wages than the competition.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep lol. Amazon does it well though or they’ll pay higher but offer little to no benefits.
Just in the past few months I’ve noticed lots of pissed off people that are for prime but not getting packages for a week or so.

You know what’s changed? They’ve taken over a large portion of their delivery. People aren’t going to stand for paying for 2 day and getting one week delivery

Days

Just read the article omg. Pilots make good money.

Also it says that Amazon wants nothing to do with unions. Wonder why that is?!?

Bob11B

Seems Amazon will run into problems down the road. Their business model is to cut costs and there are only so many available pilots. I would think pilots would only fly for the contracting companies as a last resort.