Amazon Plans Start-Up Delivery Services for Its Own Packages

Discussion in 'USPS, DHL, Amazon, Drones, etc.' started by worldwide, Jun 28, 2018.

1. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

A threat to UPS as well as FedEx Ground, from both a diverted volume perspective and labor pool.

Amazon Plans Start-Up Delivery Services for Its Own Packages

The company announced Thursday a new program aimed at helping people start their own businesses delivering packages for Amazon.

For a minimum investment of $10,000, people in the United States will be able to open and manage their own delivery service handling Amazon packages. Although the couriers will not be employees of the company, they’ll get access to Amazon-branded vehicles, uniforms and more.

By the company’s calculations, an owner could earn as much as $300,000 a year in profit by operating a fleet of up to 40 vehicles.

2. That's only $7500 a route....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  3. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

So essentially become a center manager for up to 300K a year.

4. Yaba Daba Do

Yaba Daba Do Donkey Punch Extraordinaire

And a $400k investment (if it costs $10K per route)

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Lets see how motivated your employees are after they find out the wages and benefits.

6. Yaba Daba Do

Just buy a couple routes around where your UPS route is and have your drivers deliver your UPS packages too. Get paid from Amazon and UPS for doing no actual work win/win.

7. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

You get 5 trucks with your 10k investment, my question is how are they gonna find people to work people dont even wanna work for us as well as we get paid plus the benefits we get

8. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Screaming deal if you can profit 300k a year.

9. Yaba Daba Do

Managing 40 drivers would be a major pain in the D*. You'd probably have to stop by the local Home Depot every morning on your way to work to pick up some "cover drivers".

10. Avi

Avi New Member

In the long run this seems like lower wages or wage increases "to adjust for inflation" plus less benefits.

11. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

12. John Conod

John Conod New Member

Well, that may be good for me. We own a company that produces portable shelving systems for the package delivery industry. Check out PRFshelving.com. I have worked for UPS for 33 years and have discovered that the future is in contract drivers. And the industry is growing and needs shelving solutions especially for peak season rentals. Please spread the word for PRF shelving solutions .

13. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

If they pay better than my current investor class group, I'm taking my purple promise work ethic and donning the blue uniforms instead

14. OrioN

Conflict of interest... plus helping a non-union company would be like stabbing your own members in the back

15. OrioN

Dunno if spamming is allowed.

U should target the national rental companies ; it's a good concept

16. OrioN

@John Conod you sell your systems to the rental companies... they, in turn, can offer them as a supplemental expense for anyone that rent the box truck or cargo vans.

Heck, have your shelving on display at the entrance or showroom area of some rental places to see those units 1st hand

17. John Conod

John Conod New Member

We are working hard on getting the word out. Everything cost money. Your idea to approach the rental companies is exactly what our goal is. The challenge is introducing a new concept two companies that have blinders on. We will continue to pursue that goal. Any help from you folks out there in the package shipping industry will greatly help. Please share our website with your friends.

18. John Conod

John Conod New Member

Thank you for the word. It is definitely a good concept, but there is a lot of work in spreading the word about the new product. Our goal is to have these shelving systems in the rental trucks as an accessory that the rental companies can profit from. UPS has already said to me that that would be a great avenue for their use of the product. Please share with your friends in the industry our website and the videos on YouTube. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated.

19. 12yearsaslave

12yearsaslave Member

Well, it's an interesting concept. 2 questions: why would you install a temporary shelf and then fold it? will the rental companies allow drilling in their truck walls?

20. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

As far as folding shelves go, you need shelves for delivery set up, and minimizing them allows for bulk pick ups. Two birds, one stone.
    As for drilling, if the slats are left attached, the rental company probably wouldn't notice.