Amazon Prime Air Seen Surging Fivefold to 200 Jets, Rivaling UPS

FromOffTheStreets

I'm still trying to figure out how Amazon can build this delivery network on the backs of its $2 boxes. I know there's a lot of them but you'd figure they'd need some $500 heavyweights & $200 air pieces to be profitable.

pkgdriver

I'm still trying to figure out how Amazon can build this delivery network on the backs of its $2 boxes. I know there's a lot of them but you'd figure they'd need some $500 heavyweights & $200 air pieces to be profitable.

The cloud and ads have been most of the reason. The cloud is about 60% of Amazons operating income.

Overpaid Union Thug

Because of their cloud service and because enough people blindly fork over a yearly Prime membership and then also blindly buy everything they can from Amazon because they think it’s always the best price. In other words.....there’s plenty of cash flow for them to keep expanding. And much of it comes from the employees of each company Amazon is trying to (IS) competing with.

Overpaid Union Thug

If they drive everyone else out of business then they can charge as much want for shipping! Jeff Brazos thinks he god!
They can only grow if Prime Zombies keep feeding them. I have friends that are so addicted to Amazon they have become unreasonable.

One, who is normally a tightwad, just bought a backpack and when he told me about it the first thing I did (as I always do when discussing buying products on Amazon) was Google it and found it for $40 less elsewhere. Five seconds was all it took.

But he refused to cancel the Amazon order because it “was a hassle” because he didn’t want to have to deal with refunds and return shipping. LOL. There are too many people like him out there.

Last edited:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
90D971F2-25B8-40E1-A797-DD3D1222FBA9.png
I’d say they’ve got a few bucks to cover overhead for a while

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Can’t wait for their ground drivers to start driving the bigger model work trucks like we have. Would love to see how many wrecks or torn up yards happen week 1.

If one hits me I don’t care we are fighting.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They don’t care about profit really. Break even would make them happy