Amazon Prime and Sure Post Will kill us

turdmanND

Alrighty people I have witnessed the future and it's not good. My financial endgame will no longer include ups money or my accrued pension and here is why...
1. Amazon Prime is positioning the company to use more part time workers instead of fulltime, especially with the increase of "demand" of time commits throughout rural places.
2. Everything else other than air will get Sure Posted...or the kicker...UPS frieght. WAIT I know it sounds nuts but they forked out all the "cash" for a pension for fulltime people that will soon no longer be fulltime. How's that for strategy?
I hope I am wrong here, but I am usually right.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Alrighty people I have witnessed the future and it's not good. My financial endgame will no longer include ups money or my accrued pension and here is why...
1. Amazon Prime is positioning the company to use more part time workers instead of fulltime, especially with the increase of "demand" of time commits throughout rural places.
2. Everything else other than air will get Sure Posted...or the kicker...UPS frieght. WAIT I know it sounds nuts but they forked out all the "cash" for a pension for fulltime people that will soon no longer be fulltime. How's that for strategy?

Can we assume all your "rights" in the past were not as a business analyst?
I think you just passed a turd, man.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Uh 1. Prime is 2 day air or saver 99% of the time. If most people start paying $5 for NDA ups will make amazon pay more.

2. Most of the surepost work will be back on the trucks in the next 2 weeks.

3. I think your crystal ball is cracked.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
images

turdmanND

Uh 1. Prime is 2 day air or saver 99% of the time. If most people start paying $5 for NDA ups will make amazon pay more.

2. Most of the surepost work will be back on the trucks in the next 2 weeks.

3. I think your crystal ball is cracked.
Part time air drivers can deliver 2nd day air.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And savers too...And they work for less pay and you will too.
If part time air drivers start delivering savers and 2day air. Any BA worth a :censored2: would have those turned into FULL TIME article 22 jobs in a heartbeat.

You really didn't think this through very well did you?

SmithBarney

Don't worry with companies like Amazon, your job is secure. They are slamming both UPS and FEDEX networks with incredible amounts of Freight... the big question is are both companies ready for next PEAK?

toxic88

Wait and see when Amazon buys Ontrac then we really will be screwed. Remember when FedEx bought RPS in 2000. Look how much they have grown in a short period of time. Where did there volume come from? UPS!! Amazon has their Amazon Fresh out in there testing phase right now and it's going pretty good. If it continues to improve all they have to do is buy an established carrier and off they go. Where will they be in 10-15 years?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Wait and see when Amazon buys Ontrac then we really will be screwed. Remember when FedEx bought RPS in 2000. Look how much they have grown in a short period of time. Where did there volume come from? UPS!! Amazon has their Amazon Fresh out in there testing phase right now and it's going pretty good. If it continues to improve all they have to do is buy an established carrier and off they go. Where will they be in 10-15 years?
Bankrupt

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
In 10-15 years, Walmart and Target dot com will have pretty much put Amazon out of business. As it is now, Amazon can still not turn a profit.

BrownChoice

Amazon isn't about profit. Shareholders aren't concerned about profit, right now at least.

I can guarantee you, if amazon wanted to, they could turn a profit. Bezos, the ceo of amazon is a genius. A very very rich genius. Now how do you think he got rich? One of the reasons is because of a little garage run business known today as, AMAZON.

All that, and still i don't believe UPS is going anywhere for the foreseeable future..

Ups has more control over amazon than they do ups. Where would the amazon volume go if ups said nope, not anymore amazon, no discounts for you...? Not FedEx and certainly not usps. Amazon would come sprinting back to ups.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Online sales for 1st quarter 2014 account for only 6.2% of total retail sales. Amazon gets a lot of publicity, but they are one player in a huge game... a game UPS has been winning for a long time.

this is what I'm talking about you are the One. Finally the One that the prophecy have for told would come. Neo can you hear me?

AKCoverMan

UPS issued it's earnings report today.. Revenue is up, number of packages per day is up 1.1 million packages PER DAY over same quarter last year. We made over half a billion dollars last quarter in profit, after taxes and after all of us got great pay and benefits.

On a smaller scale.. My center is hiring more drivers than I have seen in my seven years at UPS. And these are not PT air driver jobs, these are full time driver jobs. Meanwhile over the past seven years all but one of our PT air driver jobs has been eliminated. Instead the work is done by full time drivers who have routes that pick up air in the morning and early afternoon, return to the building in time for the flights (1430) then go back out and make ground pick ups and/or deliver resis. We have been steadily adding new bid routes in the last eighteen months.

None of this sounds like a shrinking business or a company that is conspiring to do away with full time drivers and replace them with part timers.