Amazon Prime and Sure Post Will kill us

T

Turdferguson

Alrighty people I have witnessed the future and it's not good. My financial endgame will no longer include ups money or my accrued pension and here is why...
1. Amazon Prime is positioning the company to use more part time workers instead of fulltime, especially with the increase of "demand" of time commits throughout rural places.
2. Everything else other than air will get Sure Posted...or the kicker...UPS frieght. WAIT I know it sounds nuts but they forked out all the "cash" for a pension for fulltime people that will soon no longer be fulltime. How's that for strategy?
I hope I am wrong here, but I am usually right.
You sir give turds a bad name

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

Prime one day does not mean NDA.
Nor does "free two day shipping" always mean 2nd Day Air. In fact, I rarely see either service used by Amazon. Only when Amazon can't find the product in one of their distribution centers within one or two day ground shipping of the customer will they actually use Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air. They obviously depend heavily (more like PRIMARILY) on ground service for their Prime members.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

onehandsolo

Amazon revenues continue to grow, but many market analysis believe that the company needs to star showing some profitability. If stock holders start to bail look out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

margaritaville

Im an air driver switching to ground. If i could deliver 2 day stuff for half the day at air wages than work my hub job i would take that in a heartbeat. But like someone said it would turn into an art 22 job. Still id take the art 22 job over ground too. Maybe 5-10$ less an hour but your body will last longer and no stress. Hope i dont regret my ground choice because i have massive hub and air senority at the moment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Im an air driver switching to ground. If i could deliver 2 day stuff for half the day at air wages than work my hub job i would take that in a heartbeat. But like someone said it would turn into an art 22 job. Still id take the art 22 job over ground too. Maybe 5-10$ less an hour but your body will last longer and no stress. Hope i dont regret my ground choice because i have massive hub and air senority at the moment.

Why would you be delivering 2DA?

UPSGUY72

Alrighty people I have witnessed the future and it's not good. My financial endgame will no longer include ups money or my accrued pension and here is why...
1. Amazon Prime is positioning the company to use more part time workers instead of fulltime, especially with the increase of "demand" of time commits throughout rural places.

The first thing you forgot is that less then half the stuff you can by on Amazon can be shipped prime. Also if a customer wants a "2 hr delivery window" they have to pay an extra $5. That service has been available for a while when it first rolled out I saw 1 or 2 haven't sceene one in over 7 months.

2. Everything else other than air will get Sure Posted...or the kicker...UPS frieght. WAIT I know it sounds nuts but they forked out all the "cash" for a pension for fulltime people that will soon no longer be fulltime. How's that for strategy?
I hope I am wrong here, but I am usually right.

Wells most of the stuff shipped sure post is be divert back to UPS. Also sure post can't be used for business deliveries. Did you for get that PTimers get a pension also ??? In NE whether your FT or PT the company pays up to 40 hrs a week into the pension fund on your behalf.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
1. you don't sound like someone with"massive hub experience."
2. We don't call it switching to ground because we are not FedEx and we deliver all levels of service including air.
3. good luck getting an article 22 job because in my location guys are getting bumped out of those jobs and into driving jobs because of the bs with orion and how the job has changed.

sportsjock

My hub has been hiring new full time drivers since last April and they are still hiring drivers. They also told us about Amazon having a new facility opening up in August. I actually talked with a Fedex driver that's going over to Amazon to drive they have two shifts. 2:30am to 7am and 7am to 2:30pm. Turns out they will be delivering to USPS only.

My center is still getting smacked with Amazon packages.

Sent using BrownCafe App