Amazon Prime P1 Sat Del.

FUFred

I have Amazon prime. 90% of the time UPS delivers my packages, but messed up this week. I placed an order Tuesday night and it shipped Wednesday. I was supposed to get it Friday. I got an email from Amazon Thursday night saying the shipment was delivered. I got home and nothing was there. I did the usually look all over, then called UPS, then Amazon. Amazon determined the shipment was lost. They then sent the same order with FedEx overnight on Friday for a P1 Saturday delivery. I didn’t ask for it, they just did it. I was kinda surprised because it was 3 bags of cat litter, 40lb each, 120LB of cat litter that I spent $44.97 on and was sent P1 Saturday delivery. I got it at 945am. I was thinking Amazon is losing tons of money, then thought it makes sense why FedEx needs so many NEW sales leads. That shipment, even heavily discounted had to cost at least $125-150. P1 Saturday, residential delivery and weighted 120, not to mention packaging material, so maybe 130lbs.

upschuck

That is another reason they have so many customers. If something does go wrong, they correct it, as best for customer, as possible. Best customer service I've had to deal with in quite some time.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
That is another reason they have so many customers. If something does go wrong, they correct it, as best for customer, as possible. Best customer service I've had to deal with in quite some time.

^^^ Agree with that.

But, FuF,
Have you seen the discount major customers get? I've seen them get 75% off so, there's no way it cost X $125-150 to move that cat litter.

cancan

Amazon is running a long term strategy. Its not taught in business school. Its whispered as a joke among most ceos of Fortune 500 companies. Mention it at Fedex and your sure to be canned. I worry for my job even saying it anonymously. Customer Satisfaction. Behind that. Brand loyalty. They are real

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Express
I have Amazon prime. 90% of the time UPS delivers my packages, but messed up this week. I placed an order Tuesday night and it shipped Wednesday. I was supposed to get it Friday. I got an email from Amazon Thursday night saying the shipment was delivered. I got home and nothing was there. I did the usually look all over, then called UPS, then Amazon. Amazon determined the shipment was lost. They then sent the same order with FedEx overnight on Friday for a P1 Saturday delivery. I didn’t ask for it, they just did it. I was kinda surprised because it was 3 bags of cat litter, 40lb each, 120LB of cat litter that I spent $44.97 on and was sent P1 Saturday delivery. I got it at 945am. I was thinking Amazon is losing tons of money, then thought it makes sense why FedEx needs so many NEW sales leads. That shipment, even heavily discounted had to cost at least $125-150. P1 Saturday, residential delivery and weighted 120, not to mention packaging material, so maybe 130lbs.

True. Read my other post that addresses exactly this issue. FedEx would love to build a different customer base where the profit-per-package was more lucrative. It costs just as much to deliver a hugely discounted Amazon package as the $125 PO Box shipped by a "normal" shipper. Amazon wouldn't be shipping cat litter, popcorn, diapers etc. if they were paying a normal freight rate.

This has created a Catch-22 for Der Fuhrer. He wants the Amazon revenue, but he doesn't want to pay people a decent wage to deliver it. That means a push for Sales Leads for higher profit margin shippers, which will be given to Ground if possible, but could possibly remain with Express.

Unfortunately for Fred, as soon as these new customers see the crap service they will be getting from the new wave of crap Express employees, they will run away. Poor Fred. His company is a hot mess, and he doesn't have a clue what to do.

TUT

I bought car seats late Thursday, 2 day. Assumed Tuesday delivery. Came P1 Sat, that alone was at retail $90 shipping on a $20 order that is lucky to have a dollar or two profit not even figuring freight. Is Amazon getting a 95% discount? It was cool and all, but I don't have to have that kind of service.

Kitty liter is a bit more online, but the double whammy is people that live in the boon-docks, it is cheaper to send it to them and even more expensive yet for the carrier at giveaway pricing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Amazon is running a long term strategy. Its not taught in business school. Its whispered as a joke among most ceos of Fortune 500 companies. Mention it at Fedex and your sure to be canned. I worry for my job even saying it anonymously. Customer Satisfaction. Behind that. Brand loyalty. They are real

Sent using BrownCafe App

Amazon is all about market share and controlling suppliers. Eventually, they will have bumped-off most of the competition. Even now, they're big enough to push suppliers and vendors around...like WalMart does. They still are a paper monster because they don't generate revenue commensurate with market share. That will change soon enough.

CJinx

They don't sell cat litter in your local grocery stores?
Maybe not; I once had to find directions on a guy that had purchased one of those heavy duty plastic trash cans you can find at walmart. The closest Walmart/Sam's Club to him was over 100 miles way. I've also spoken with folks that cross the border into Canada to buy their groceries because their closest US store is too far away.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I thought it was a federal law which mandated that there must be a Wal-Mart located within 10 miles of every man, woman and child living in the United States

FUFred

They don't sell cat litter in your local grocery stores?
Yes, I have 3 big box stores near me and many local mom and pop shops. It is just cheaper getting it online for what I buy. If something is less online (even $0.50 less)than it is in the store I buy online. I get free shipping with prime, I just make sure I get some place out of state so I don't pay taxes. Amazon isn't always the cheapest, so I go to another online store.

SmithBarney

So you are the jerk who gets the cat litter via amazon... ;)

I get more than one box/bag of it each week. I suppose with free shipping it's better than
going to walmart to pick it up.

FUFred

So you are the jerk who gets the cat litter via amazon... ;)

I get more than one box/bag of it each week. I suppose with free shipping it's better than
going to walmart to pick it up.
Yup, thats me. I don't shop at walmart anymore, lots of crazy people everytime I go.