Amazon should buy Fed Ex

bacha29

What does bacha think?
I'll tell you this much X stock has gone from a high of 278 a little over a year ago to as low as 150 a few weeks ago . When UPS tried to buy TNT European regulators nixed the deal saying too big for the space which allowed X to get in on it. .....So ok you Fulbright's you tell me. Do you think US regulators would allow somebody as big a Bezos to buy out Smith straight up even if Jeffy agreed to sell off assets to other competitors. Remember in your opinion I don't know anything so you guys figure it out.

Oldfart

I'll tell you this much X stock has gone from a high of 278 a little over a year ago to as low as 150 a few weeks ago . When UPS tried to buy TNT European regulators nixed the deal saying too big for the space which allowed X to get in on it. .....So ok you Fulbright's you tell me. Do you think US regulators would allow somebody as big a Bezos to buy out Smith straight up even if Jeffy agreed to sell off assets to other competitors. Remember in your opinion I don't know anything so you guys figure it out.
Not worth my time wondering. If it does or doesn't happen, my thoughts or opinions won't matter anyway.

bacha29

Not worth my time wondering. If it does or doesn't happen, my thoughts or opinions won't matter anyway.
In the world of Dano the only opinion that matters is his...... I didn't say his opinion held any worthwhile information . it's just that we should take the easy way out and concede to him the twisted belief that his opinion is the only qualified one.
But seriously, as you know the idea of a Amazon/Fedex merger comes up two or three times a year but given how Bezos has virtually a monopoly on at least of couple of markets already the odds of it going through seems pretty slim.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In the world of Dano the only opinion that matters is his...... I didn't say his opinion held any worthwhile information . it's just that we should take the easy way out and concede to him the twisted belief that his opinion is the only qualified one.
But seriously, as you know the idea of a Amazon/Fedex merger comes up two or three times a year but given how Bezos has virtually a monopoly on at least of couple of markets already the odds of it going through seems pretty slim.

Your opinion matters just as much as mine. You want to represent the gibberish spewing couch potato who fancies himself as well-informed because you read Motley Fool and watch Mad Money. I like to represent something better than that.

bacha29

Your opinion matters just as much as mine. You want to represent the gibberish spewing couch potato who fancies himself as well-informed because you read Motley Fool and watch Mad Money. I like to represent something better than that.
Represent something better than that huh? Better get a move on with that "something better" because what we've seen thus far is a bit ....well under performing. And for the record. I don't sit on the couch all day despite the fact that everything from my pelvis to my knees has been surgically overhauled but nevertheless when I purely by chance stumble across a seemly beneficial piece of information and bring it to the attention of the contributors to this sight I don't that it is any way shape or form less productive that the constant personal attacks that you toss out there.

Even OF is beginning to understand that his decades of experience as your everyday man on the route carries equal or greater weight than anything you might have to offer and I thank him for that.

Oldfart

Even OF is beginning to understand that his decades of experience as your everyday man on the route carries equal or greater weight than anything you might have to offer and I thank him for that.
My B.S. detector when off when Dano posted a long time ago. Dude is totally clueless about most everything station related and when you point out his mistakes, he makes more clueless post. I have experience in 5 decades seeing how things were. He read about it and claims to know it all.

59 Dano

Represent something better than that huh? Better get a move on with that "something better" because what we've seen thus far is a bit ....well under performing. And for the record. I don't sit on the couch all day despite the fact that everything from my pelvis to my knees has been surgically overhauled but nevertheless when I purely by chance stumble across a seemly beneficial piece of information and bring it to the attention of the contributors to this sight I don't that it is any way shape or form less productive that the constant personal attacks that you toss out there.

Oh, I think it's lovely that you and he think that a million years of experience at your respective levels gives you some type of insight into levels of responsibility that you wouldn't be qualified to handle in your wildest dreams. The peanut gallery always has the harshest critics.

59 Dano

My B.S. detector when off when Dano posted a long time ago. Dude is totally clueless about most everything station related and when you point out his mistakes, he makes more clueless post. I have experience in 5 decades seeing how things were. He read about it and claims to know it all.

Name 5 things station-related things I'm clueless about, Mr. Five Decades.

Oldfart

Name 5 things station-related things I'm clueless about, Mr. Five Decades.
The roll of dispatch for starters.
Do you remember your clueless posts about how Emery, Airborne and Purolator were never considered a threat back in the day. You admitted you weren't around back then but YOU KNEW Federal Express was never concerned about those other companies. Back then, UPS was never mentioned because they hadn't got into the overnight business yet, but the others were a definite concern. How times change. UPS was even delivering our customer supplies back then.

Those 2 came to mind and I know there are others. You will deny and try to change it around but in both cases you said it. In both cases, you were wrong.