Amazon -Should UPS Be Worried?

ThePackageDeli

Once upon a time, UPS offered to ship company-X's packages. Then one day, company-X decided to save money and ship it's own packages. Along the way, Company-X decided to help Company-A and Company-B save money on shipping costs too! In the end, many companies decided to save money by shipping with Company-X instead of UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If they can handle peak, fine. If not, good luck. UPS shouldn't allow them to dump on up for only 5 weeks.

ManInBrown

Should have been cut off ten years ago. UPS is probably the biggest reason Amazon is as powerful as they are. They would have drowned in their own vomit without us.

rod

Retired 22 years
If they can handle peak, fine. If not, good luck. UPS shouldn't allow them to dump on up for only 5 weeks.
When was the last time UPS handled peak? With or without Amazon. Hell peak was a cluster friend when I worked-- long before Amazon.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Once upon a time, UPS offered to ship company-X's packages. Then one day, company-X decided to save money and ship it's own packages. Along the way, Company-X decided to help Company-A and Company-B save money on shipping costs too! In the end, many companies decided to save money by shipping with Company-X instead of UPS.

Why would company A and B put their product and more importantly their customer base into company X network when they are rivals of company X?
Company X will never get A, B or even company C business

rod

Retired 22 years
Well to be fair the drivers back then were a bunch of useless D bags.

They're much better now.
Are you talking about the crybabies of today. Waaaa--it's too hot---Waaaa-I want to grow a beard- Waaaaa-I have dust in the back of my truck---Waaaa-my shirt iches- Waaaa-my sup is picking on me- I could go on.