AMAZON - Should we be concerned?

Matt85091

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 10.57.19.png

I dunno maybe. We lost a floating preloader last week (4yrs), and today three put in their 2 weeks.

The guys who put in notice today know shipping/receiving and that's all they've ever done for work. I'm safely assuming they're either doing Amazon or FedEx. They wouldn't walk without something to replace the peak money. They've all been here at least 3 years.. they must be going somewhere better in the industry, and jobs are horrible to find and get out here.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Warren Buffet says, "When the tide goes out, you can find out who's skinny dipping". One economic downturn will destroy all these startup/last mile services. They rely, much like UPS, on density to make their bottom lines. Take that away and you have a fleet of planes and trucks sitting in the yard.

It becomes a financial money pit and they'll close it.

Want proof it's unsustainable, why would we be bumping up to record consumer debt when things are "going great".

Americans now have the highest credit-card debt in U.S. history

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Seriously people just need to stop shopping amazon they're taking over the world and creating a monopoly. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the government has to step in.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Look online and you can find one of their contracts. Last I read they were paying $1.28 per mile and had all kinds of restrictions and fees.

I spoke with a new driver a few weeks back at a distribution center. His route left that center and stopped at two other centers all roughly 100 miles apart. He said he was waiting 2-3 hours per stop for loads and was only hauling about 10% full trailers. 300 miles and a 12 hour + day for drop and hook, sounds lucrative for an owner...not!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Look online and you can find one of their contracts. Last I read they were paying $1.28 per mile and had all kinds of restrictions and fees.

I spoke with a new driver a few weeks back at a distribution center. His route left that center and stopped at two other centers all roughly 100 miles apart. He said he was waiting 2-3 hours per stop for loads and was only hauling about 10% full trailers. 300 miles and a 12 hour + day for drop and hook, sounds lucrative for an owner...not!
Sounds like a good deal for Amazon only.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm so worried I already started working on my new website forum so I can cash in on Amazon's big move. It'll be called PrimeCafe©™

Preorder your usernames now!!!

Over 70

This crap is like uber, no one honestly makes decent money from uber. Just like FedEx ground drivers. It's cash in your pocket but when you get the big picture you're being hosed.