Amazon still not making money.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A very strange business model plus leveraging themselves by building new facilities, services, and products.

When that house of cards falls, UPS will be right there with cash on hand to buy it all.

browntroll

i honestly dont know how they do it, how can you afford to ship items out for free. i did a that trial of amazon prime
a few months back, i ordered a few items with 2 day delivery(prime shipping). i understand they sell volume but so do
alot of other companies. anyone actually think UPS would buy them? i saw a youtube video where it shows thats
not a company i would ever want to work for, also they seem to have alot of temp workers. heard they time ur bathroom breaks, and you are monitered by gps wherever you go, also get in trouble for talking too long to other coworkers.

Last edited:

llamainmypocket

It seems like Amazon still can't make any money.

I'm not sure amazon has ever posted a profit. There's sort of a tradition in tech stocks where growth trumps profits. Amazon take that tradition in stride.

You'd have to be crazy to think there's no money in online shopping and amazon does most of it. To be honest, i think they could turn a profit if it was that important to investors, but it's not so they don't. Amazon isn't going anywhere and nobody is going to buy them up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Amazon shares should be valued at $36.67, based on analysts' expected earnings growth rates over the next decade, according to StarMine."

Instead 1 share is over $300

Coldworld

60 months and counting
i honestly dont know how they do it, how can you afford to ship items out for free. i did a that trial of amazon prime
a few months back, i ordered a few items with 2 day delivery(prime shipping). i understand they sell volume but so do
alot of other companies. anyone actually think UPS would buy them? i saw a youtube video where it shows thats
not a company i would ever want to work for, also they seem to have alot of temp workers. heard they time ur bathroom breaks, and you are monitered by gps wherever you go, also get in trouble for talking too long to other coworkers.
Ha sounds totally like ups... probably got the idea of over supervision from ups

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'd prefer my TV not be used as a step-stool during the shipping process.
They don't use UPS, don't worry :biggrin:.
For a real big screen they have a local freight company pick it up at a warehouse and deliver it to you, they call you to schedule the delivery so you'll be there. The guys who deliver it will unbox it, set it up and turn it on to make that there's no damage and that it works properly. I was pretty happy with the process.