Amazon takes simple proactive measures, ups picks their nose

Non sequitur

Ups should also give security guards thermometer guns to check employees temp before entering. It will be of a minor inconvenience, but I feel it's necessary. They should stop having to wand just to speed it up and keep the lines short.
Have management take the temps. Have one part timer run the whole operation with security cameras and the public address system. Check performance numbers and make appropriate personal adjustments. Management will be able to carry their seniority over when the bump into newly created 22.4 positions.

ManInBrown

I love how UPS is saying ten days paid off if you test positive. Meanwhile no one can get tested. Most states are already saying that they aren’t testing people because it doesn’t make a difference, if you’re sick stay home. So what do they want you to do? Come in and get everyone else sick?

over9five

Staff member
I love how UPS is saying ten days paid off if you test positive. Meanwhile no one can get tested. Most states are already saying that they aren’t testing people because it doesn’t make a difference, if you’re sick stay home. So what do they want you to do? Come in and get everyone else sick?
My wife and I keep having this argument.
I say, "If I have all the symptoms, why get tested? Obviously, I have it!"

ManInBrown

My wife and I keep having this argument.
I say, "If I have all the symptoms, why get tested? Obviously, I have it!"
Just looked over the policy on UPsers. A note from your doctor saying you need to quarantine works also to be eligible for the ten days off paid. Most doctors aren’t even allowing in patient visits. They are probably handing out stay at home notes like they are candy at Halloween. Get where I’m going?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Soon the dead will begin to rise...
giphy.gif

specter208

"Amazon told CNBC it implemented "proactive measures" to protect fulfillment center employees, including increased cleaning at all facilities and maintaining social distance by suspending team meetings at the beginning of shifts, halting exit screening and staggering shift start times and break times, among other measures." Why is UPS doing nothing? These are simple things and easy to implement. Halting exit screening and controlling social distancing from an operation stand point. Why is this company's stance "we are critical infrastructure and you have to work". It's disgusting and immoral to operate as if the health system is not facing a nightmare. My whole state is staying at home and I work for a company that plans to create a breeding ground due to incompetents and greed. Stop demanding masks, gloves and hazard pay. We need operational changes company wide immediately.
What are you afraid of exactly?