Amazon volume

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Amazon volume has definitely dropped dramatically in the last 2 years. Currently looking for Amazon jobs. We are doomed

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
My center hasn’t seen Amazon since peak ended. Anyone else experiencing this and if so why?
We have a large Amazon distribution hub down the road from our Building so not sure if that’s why we still have Amazon flowing through. I’d say it’s 15-20% of the volume in my truck

TheDick

We've had a lot of extended volume SNAP back, I fig if there's not enough they just don't run their cover routes and dump it on us. They dont have employees that drive for them anyways.

RMR46

We were supposed to lose about 21,000 drivers prediction about five years ago right at this negotiation for the next contract as soon as they got rolling. Well boys and girls they are rolling

Zowert

Same. I see tons of Amazon vans plus p-series trucks, flex drivers and irreg teams in box trucks on my route. Seems like they’re delivering pretty much all of their own crap here. I never see the same Amazon driver, likely because they have a huge turnover. In fact I saw this girl abandon her Amazon van a few weeks ago. Left the keys on the driver’s seat and hitched a ride home. An hour later I drove by to see if the van was still there and saw another Amazon van parked behind it. A new driver got out and took off in it, I assume he was finishing the route.

I’m not too worried, eventually they have to run out of people willing to work at these DSP’s.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Same. I see tons of Amazon vans plus p-series trucks, flex drivers and irreg teams in box trucks on my route. Seems like they’re delivering pretty much all of their own crap here. I never see the same Amazon driver, likely because they have a huge turnover. In fact I saw this girl abandon her Amazon van a few weeks ago. Left the keys on the driver’s seat and hitched a ride home. An hour later I drove by to see if the van was still there and saw another Amazon van parked behind it. A new driver got out and took off in it, I assume he was finishing the route.

I’m not too worried, eventually they have to run out of people willing to work at these DSP’s.

UPS will survive as long as they don’t start poaching all the other accounts as well. It just sucks that all that work could be a middle class union income for people if it wasn’t for their stupid “contractor” model.

542thruNthru

I don't see much Amazon in my truck. Though from what our feeder department says. They pick up 7 trailers a day from Amazon and that is supposed to go up to 20 this year. We're hiring a bunch of feeder driver's right now because of it.

Every building in my area has a Amazon building with in a couple blocks of it. One even has it literally next door.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't see much Amazon in my truck. Though from what our feeder department says. They pick up 7 trailers a day from Amazon and that is supposed to go up to 20 this year. We're hiring a bunch of feeder driver's right now because of it.

Every building in my area has a Amazon building with in a couple blocks of it. One even has it literally next door.
Maybe you should make the jump up into the size 50 pants and xxxl shirts..join the big boi club boo!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS will survive as long as they don’t start poaching all the other accounts as well. It just sucks that all that work could be a middle class union income for people if it wasn’t for their stupid “contractor” model.
You can thank your own company for some of this…I think Amazon was totally content in having other companies deliver most of their stuff until that one Christmas when ups and FedEx dropped the ball and Amazon really started rethinking everything.