Amazon walks March 31st?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let Amazon walk .
They are really bad at packaging their parcels , using over sized boxes with no inside padding , which results in many damaged goods. Let purple deal with the ever increasing insurance claims.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Why in the world do we need that many people on either side of the table?

The easiest way to answer that.... Accountability.

On both sides.

Unfortunately, from the moment the company agrees to the contract language....

They are trying to "get around" what they agreed too. {Funny.... how they suddenly have selective memory}

Maybe each region needs to represented, and their issues addressed?

Yes...

-Bug-

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Let Amazon walk .
They are really bad at packaging their parcels , using over sized boxes with no inside padding , which results in many damaged goods. Let purple deal with the ever increasing insurance claims.

wow......

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
If anyone doesn't think that Amazon, or any of our big shippers isn't keeping a close eye on this, you are a fool. As over pointed out, the volume could not be moved in one day. As another pointed out Fedex can't handle the volume. So I am SURE that Amazon will start to move the volume long before the deadline. They aren't going to want their product sitting idle do to a company strike. It will take them months to get that volume moving by other companies other then UPS>

this...

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Yeah, we should have no problem making up the 22% loss in volume...

I wouldnt mind the loss, because they will feel the outcome when shipping with Fedex. They would get a year or two year contract, yet to find out it was a bad choice to ship with a company based on production other then service.

I handle some much from amazon, its like that crazy girl friend doesnt know when to quit. I'd say, " good, go! you'll be back before you know it! ". And yet they come back the next day looking for a good time.

Go ahead amazon, ever dace with the devil in the pale moon light?

BrownArmy

If Amazon goes with FedEx, and then they come back...

One of the conditions of us re-accepting their account should be that they NOT PUT THE FKNG BAR-CODE ON THE BOX FLAP...

Can't scan it, have to use 'find bar-code', etc.

It's always the one package you need to scan because you're walking up the icy driveway, etc, and IT REALLY SLOWS MY ROLL.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't see them following through on this but it may just be the kick in the butt both sides need to get a deal done.

On the flip side, if we were to lose 22% of our volume the Uni0n wouldn't need to print nearly as many contract books.

I'll take your word for the % of our volume from amazon, but on my truck I average 250 pieces a day and maybe 10 packages are from amazon so while I realize if we ever completely lost Amazon it would hurt the company, our profits, stock, etc, I don't know how much it would affect our actual jobs as drivers.

STFXG

Yeah, we should have no problem making up the 22% loss in volume...

I wouldnt mind the loss, because they will feel the outcome when shipping with Fedex. They would get a year or two year contract, yet to find out it was a bad choice to ship with a company based on production other then service.

Because your ability to set a package on the ground in front of a door is far superior to fedexs.

bumped

I'll take your word for the % of our volume from amazon, but on my truck I average 250 pieces a day and maybe 10 packages are from amazon so while I realize if we ever completely lost Amazon it would hurt the company, our profits, stock, etc, I don't know how much it would affect our actual jobs as drivers.

I don't think you realize how many packages come from Amazon. Just because it doesn't say Amazon on the box, doesn't mean its not through one of their many companies.

barnyard

KTM rider

I cover quite a few rural routes. I have had days where Amazon made up 15-20% of my stops. They do not ship hardly anything to businesses, but on routes that have mostly resi, Amazon is king.

We would lose jobs if we lost them. Full time driving jobs.

STFXG

Because your ability to set a package on the ground in front of a door is far superior to fedexs.

As it turns out, the answer to your question is:

Yes.

(P.S. out of sight, out of weather, not 'on the ground in front of a door').

http://www.theacsi.org/acsi-results/acsi-commentary-june-2012

Feel free to show me how ups has better service. Other than a blog here or there customers seem to be more satisfied with the service they get from fedex.

We took on walmart quite easily. We could take amazon without too many hiccups.

Feel free to show me how ups has better service. Other than a blog here or there customers seem to be more satisfied with the service they get from fedex.

Oh yeah Fedex home is just great...It only took me 3 weeks to get my coffee..tracking said customer or business not open or home..For 3 friend##kng weeks..GOOD job Fedex..see how long the public puts up with that crap!!!OR Amazon...By the way hire somebody that speaks english and takes a shower

STFXG

Oh yeah Fedex home is just great...It only took me 3 weeks to get my coffee..tracking said customer or business not open or home..For 3 friend##kng weeks..GOOD job Fedex..see how long the public puts up with that crap!!!OR Amazon...By the way hire somebody that speaks english and takes a shower

Anecdotal. And very unbelievable.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Terribly sorry for not using or communicating the exact words used by my local. In any event, we were told (probably close to 200 of us) that Amazon has made it clear that they will move their work if we do not have a contract in place by March 31st. I do not know the exact verbiage that was used. Sorry.

Whether you, or others, choose to believe me...as you pointed out "That's a lot of volume to just divert on a single day". So obviously it would take time to get everything inline to have the volume moved by the end of our contract. 7/31/13.

I have never once started a rumor on BC. I am a long time poster that speaks daily (at work) with several other posters from BC. One of whom was at the local meeting on Sunday. Please show me one post in my over 1500 posts here where I started a rumor? I was told weeks ago when I posted about the UPS health proposal that it was rumors......obviously not. I can see if I was a first time poster, or a poster who calls wolf, but I am not and there for do not appreciate your comments.

I believe he was referring to UPS starting rumors, not you...

yeldarb

Anyone who doesn't take the threat of what losing volume might mean, likely wasn't around in 1997. There was no fed ex ground, RPS did minimal volume, and when fdx ground first started, they were laughable. Now, they do a huge chunk. I remember delivering 90 pkgs to Home Depot. Now it seems the volume is pretty even between ups and fdx. At least on my route.