Amazon walks March 31st?

TUT

Oh yeah Fedex home is just great...It only took me 3 weeks to get my coffee..tracking said customer or business not open or home..For 3 friend##kng weeks..GOOD job Fedex..see how long the public puts up with that crap!!!OR Amazon...By the way hire somebody that speaks english and takes a shower

I use both carriers, overall looking at the numbers it's a close call between them. You use a coffee/3 week scenario, I could say there are another 10,000 of those at Fedex to. Well there are 10,001 of those at UPS as well. You guys can come up with some real humdingers as well.

Amazon is handled by all carriers, big ones, gov't ones and tons of regionals. No one person has it all, no one company will get it all. But you have to know this... AMAZON HAS TO SHIP! There is no "WE CAN WEATHER A STRIKE". Face it they aren't really happy with anyone, they are building their own system and they just should. They can then deal with all the issues themselves just to learn there is no margin at their level and then deal with the headaches of shipping mistakes, tons of new service reps dealing with such issues and all that goes with it.

The last pkg I got at home from Amazon was Next Day Air from UPS, cost me $4, there is no profit in that I assure you, for Amazon or UPS, that is a loss shipment.

EasyTrucker

Got 2 Prime packages from Amazon today and both were delivered UPS as always for me, but for the first time in a long time they were both actually shipped 2nd Day Air and not ground.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We were told (during our local meeting) that Amazon has told UPS if there is no contract on March 31st, they will move our Amazon volume to another shipper. Anyone else hear this?

Then I would stand up and say, "The you probably need agree to our demands. Don't be a bunch of greedy Dicks."

Then I would go work 12 hours.

Giddey-Up!

TUT

I suspect this RUMOR will go the way of the last rumor that claimed Amazon was diverting volume to FedEx in January.

That may have been true. An Operation that size, there are most likely changes all the time. I mean, we've all got several things from amazon now, right? They use so many carrier/options... Who on the outside could ever have the numbers to really know what pieces are shifting?

Overpaid Union Thug

That may have been true. An Operation that size, there are most likely changes all the time. I mean, we've all got several things from amazon now, right? They use so many carrier/options... Who on the outside could ever have the numbers to really know what pieces are shifting?

You can't see any decrease of Amazon in any of our trucks. If anything volume has grown a little.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
IMHO I could do without Amazon.
The people who show up at the Customer Counter who are the most demanding & rudest , and using the common excuse " I need it because I'm leaving the country " are looking for some small item from Amazon .
Honestly I could enjoy life better without them.

Overpaid Union Thug

They are growing. Do you see all Amazon volume coming into UPS?

I don't think Amazon has ever sent all of their volume through UPS. I see some from FedEx and a few local carriers sitting on people's porches but that is rare. Our trucks have the same amount of Amazon on them as they always have though. Or more. It would be a little more if some weren't in SurePost bags.

Overpaid Union Thug

IMHO I could do without Amazon.
The people who show up at the Customer Counter who are the most demanding & rudest , and using the common excuse " I need it because I'm leaving the country " are looking for some small item from Amazon .
Honestly I could enjoy life better without them.

You must be pretty high on the seniority list to say that. Anyone else would want to keep as much Amazon volume as possible. If we were to loose a big chunk of it you can bet UPS will be cutting routes. If Amazon decided to flip the current volume percentage over to the competition it would be a disaster for plenty of us. I'd say the bottom third of all seniority lists at least.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Really??????

Eliminate Amazon from my center and my center loses jobs. FT jobs.

You must be pretty high on the seniority list to say that. Anyone else would want to keep as much Amazon volume as possible. If we were to loose a big chunk of it you can bet UPS will be cutting routes. If Amazon decided to flip the current volume percentage over to the competition it would be a disaster for plenty of us. I'd say the bottom third of all seniority lists at least.

He works the customer counter.

TUT

Eliminate Amazon from my center and my center loses jobs. FT jobs.

Think about that for a second. That is a bit scary no? Other competitors must not have that problem since you handle the majority and how much losing them or even a fair swing of package volume could really affect your company. Amazups? UPazon? Having any one company really having an impact for you can't be ideal, especially for overhead paying packages and non-profit ones. Has UPS become reliant on Amazon, like Fedex is catering to Apple? Yes sir, whatever you need sir?

I know UPS has been on the record stating Amazon is their biggest fear/competitor. I guess since one would be losing its biggest customer to the point it seemingly drives 100's if not 1000's of jobs.

Overpaid Union Thug

Think about that for a second. That is a bit scary no? Other competitors must not have that problem since you handle the majority and how much losing them or even a fair swing of package volume could really affect your company. Amazups? UPazon? Having any one company really having an impact for you can't be ideal, especially for overhead paying packages and non-profit ones. Has UPS become reliant on Amazon, like Fedex is catering to Apple? Yes sir, whatever you need sir?

I know UPS has been on the record stating Amazon is their biggest fear/competitor. I guess since one would be losing its biggest customer to the point it seemingly drives 100's if not 1000's of jobs.

​Exactly!