Amazon warehouses

NorcalUPS

Hello I am new to the site
I was wondering if any one knows we have two amazons coming in Norcal and Socal how many feeder runs are we looking at?

feeder05

we have added 3 new runs...Amazon is up grading their facility to increase production. Good chance we will get a few more runs.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I think most of our warehouses came from Nevada. Amazon blinked on sales taxes with Gov. Jerry Brown and is brokering deals to collect in most States (Arizona in February).

brett636

When I went into feeders 2 years ago we had 2 amazon warehouses. Since then amazon has added 2 more bringing our total to 4 and doubled the size of one of the original warehouses. In that 2 year period we have added 30+ new runs and 75 new feeder drivers. Keep those amazon warehouses happy and serviced so we don't lose that volume.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Amazon is why there should be a sales tax on all Internet purchases, regardless of what state you live in or whether they have a brick and mortar in that state.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I thought that too. Was told Phoenix air ops expanded when Amazon switched to UPS. Amazon main warehouses are located in AZ if i'm not mistaken.
Yes, they are. I can't remember how many warehouses. 2 for sure, maybe 4. Airport ops had a major expansion just to keep up. I believe the biggest reason they moved was because of the airport operation.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We have Amazon 3, Amazon 5, Amazon 6 (which is actually two buildings) and Amazon 7, all in the West Valley.

Amazon 6, big building on the right:
1725 S 51st Ave, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps
Amazon 3
6835 W Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps

Amazon 5, big building on the right on Commerce (Macys is farther down)

cotton lane and commerce dr - Google Maps

Amazon 7 on the left and there is a UPS center in the building with Reliant Windows

760 N 75th Ave, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps
There is a vicious Roadrunner at this building.

I've got the label thing fixed for all areas except Upstate NY. Those guys have plenty of time to type the barcode in.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We have Amazon 3, Amazon 5, Amazon 6 (which is actually two buildings) and Amazon 7, all in the West Valley.

Amazon 6, big building on the right:
1725 S 51st Ave, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps
Amazon 3
6835 W Buckeye Rd, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps

Amazon 5, big building on the right on Commerce (Macys is farther down)

cotton lane and commerce dr - Google Maps

Amazon 7 on the left and there is a UPS center in the building with Reliant Windows

760 N 75th Ave, Phoenix, AZ - Google Maps
There is a vicious Roadrunner at this building.
These aren't actual addresses as we usually just get vague directions to places.

I've got the label thing fixed for all areas except Upstate NY. Those guys have plenty of time to type the barcode in.

Returntosender

We've got the label thing fixed for all areas except Upstate NY. Those guys have plenty of time to type the barcode in.
What kind of operation goes on in Upstate NY? Where they time to barcode numbers in. While the rest of UPS have to deal with Amazon BS but Upstaters are exempt.

AKCoverMan

I thought that too. Was told Phoenix air ops expanded when Amazon switched to UPS.

How much actual switching took place I wonder? I frequently walk up to a FD delivery with an Amazon box only to find Amazon boxes delivered by one or more of our competitors at the same stop.

Amazon's in bed with everybody! :)