Amazon

Ghost in the Darkness

Amazon flex has started up here in my route area. Piece counts are down, its kinda nice. If we could actually get some people who wanted to drive and trained soon it could be a decent peak. Oh wait those expectations are way too high.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Lol I wish these were the only problems during the day

07BDF3C8-F0C5-4EFD-BC2C-FF41D89BE997.png

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Amazon is trying to do EVERYTHING all at once. There are devils in the details that they have no idea even exist. They have a ton of money to throw at problems, but I am certain they will struggle with efficiency issues when competing with companies that can stay focused.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I saw this on my area the other day, the driver was delivering Amazon packages. I looked up the website and it said they had 100 routes running out of north Atlanta near one of the Amazon warehouses. A company called LazerShip used to deliver Amazon, I haven't seen any of them recently. This is a new Nissan van. The day after I took this photo, I saw the passenger side of the van. It was dented up from the front to the rear bumper.View attachment 211185
Was there a young Russian couple driving around in the van???

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Was there a young Russian couple driving around in the van???

Nope, a young fellow by himself. Definitely not Russian! I have seen several of these Nissan vans around town now. Most of them have passenger-side damage. I guess they like to hit mailboxes.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nope, a young fellow by himself. Definitely not Russian! I have seen several of these Nissan vans around town now. Most of them have passenger-side damage. I guess they like to hit mailboxes.

On the west coast we have ontrac and many of the drivers are Russians ....

Observer

Bezos is trying to be king of the world. Companies that try to grow too fast often fall behind. I 've seen a lot of negativity coming from the Amazon delivery people. Peak should be interesting with this new delivery competition in the mix. As they used to stay on tv, "Stay tuned for further updates"

Zowert

A few weeks ago I saw a white Nissan van, delivering amazon packages, back into a set of mailboxes knocking them over. The driver looked at the mailboxes laying on the ground and simply drove off. They really don’t give a :censored2:.

RPSman

On the west coast we have ontrac and many of the drivers are Russians ....
The closest we had to a Russian at the old RPS was an Ukrainian American who was like the 3rd or 4th generation over here. While at Krispy Kreme as a route salesman, our dumb supervisor hired in a Russian Armenian who turned out to be a Soviet Army deserter. Most dishonest bloke that I ever met, ended up costing me my job there. Is now in Texas at another donut company, turns out that Russian bounty hunters don't pay much for the Caucasus nations' deserters; Ukrainians, Belarussians, Moldovans & plain Russians fetch a bigger bounty.

RPSman

We are losing Amazon left and right yet expanding and opening up new hubs all over. Interesting.

That is because you are losing unprofitable deliveries, and replacing them with higher paying deliveries. Christmas 1995, RPS had LTD commodities, my stop count on my rural towns route went from 36 to 66. Chicago hub couldn't handle the influx of packages, so they dropped LTD, and picked up an Amway type company that only added 2 stops, and most of them were out in the brush.