Amazon

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I’m guessing they will be a major PITA to deal with. Thank goodness our buildings won’t have to deal with them. Lol.
If you're planning to get out of the area in the 5 years or so it could work out pretty well, drive up property values just in time for us to sell.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A couple of the criteria were affordable housing and ease of access.

Makes sense.

Doesn't it?
Lol. Depends on what they consider “affordable”. That’s not a cheap area. There IS ease of access with a Metro stop right there and it’s just over the bridge from DC. Reagan National Airport is tight behind there. They might be able to see the runways depending on which building they’re in. Other than that, traffic sucks and housing is expensive. Pretty sure schools are questionable except the private schools.

oldngray

nowhere special
Lol. Depends on what they consider “affordable”. That’s not a cheap area. There IS ease of access with a Metro stop right there and it’s just over the bridge from DC. Reagan National Airport is tight behind there. They might be able to see the runways depending on which building they’re in. Other than that, traffic sucks and housing is expensive. Pretty sure schools are questionable except the private schools.

They want to be close to an airport but maybe one that is less busy would have been better.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They're really close to 3 major airports, Dulles, Reagan national, and BWI. By 2020 you'll be able to ride the metro straight from Crystal City to the terminal at Dulles. I'm guessing they just gave up on the affordable housing though, we haven't had that for a long time.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
High quality workforce.
This is an authentic picture of an Amazon driver in my neighborhood. Note the flannel pajama bottoms under the shorts.
20181026_180230.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That's not surprising coming from her. The race to the bottom put up by seattle, nyc, pittsburgh, etc. in order to attract amazon has been a political whipping dog for over a year now.

Amazon will recieve $4.5 billion of their employees and surrounding region's own taxes and $100 million just to make their roads pretty. similar to the adidas quagmire in portland I suppose.

Pablo Escobar

Amazon doesn’t care enough about the quality of drivers it hires do deliver their endless crap because they know no one really cares anymore about customer service , people now a days just want their packages NOW and don’t really care who delivers it. I been doing this 27 years and I remember when this job was meaningful and made me feel like I was providing a service that people actually wanted and customer service was a top priority. Now with every other stop being amazon it just makes me feel like No one really cares anymore. I can’t take time to take care of my non amazon customers because I’ve got all that amazon crap to deliver. I know losing amazon would cost us jobs and volume. But to me amazon is brining ups down. Amazon pays their drivers a lot less to do what we do. Kinda like saying any monkey can do that. And I guess they can. Lol. Sorry for the rant. Maybe I’m just stuck in the past and time for me to move on and let the younger generation deal with the “we want it now” generation.

oldngray

nowhere special
Amazon doesn’t care enough about the quality of drivers it hires do deliver their endless crap because they know no one really cares anymore about customer service , people now a days just want their packages NOW and don’t really care who delivers it. I been doing this 27 years and I remember when this job was meaningful and made me feel like I was providing a service that people actually wanted and customer service was a top priority. Now with every other stop being amazon it just makes me feel like No one really cares anymore. I can’t take time to take care of my non amazon customers because I’ve got all that amazon crap to deliver. I know losing amazon would cost us jobs and volume. But to me amazon is brining ups down. Amazon pays their drivers a lot less to do what we do. Kinda like saying any monkey can do that. And I guess they can. Lol. Sorry for the rant. Maybe I’m just stuck in the past and time for me to move on and let the younger generation deal with the “we want it now” generation.

Amazon drivers are a joke. Its all about the cheapest. Service doesn't matter.