Amazon's hourly workers lose monthly bonuses and stock awards as minimum wage increases

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Returntosender, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Amazon's hourly workers lose monthly bonuses and stock awards as minimum wage increases

The hourly employees lost the Stock Bonus
    The Guardian said warehouse workers currently receive one Amazon share (worth $1,959) at the end of every year, on top of another single share reward every five years. Yahoo Newsnoted that warehouse workers can earn up to 8 percent of their monthly income every month, which could be as much as $3,000 a year for some workers. Workers were notified of the change on Wednesday, according to Bloomberg.

2. Sounds like our contract. Give you a little more here and take a little extrà from somewhere else.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Zowert

Zowert Active Member

Amazon employees should unionize. I know that will never happen but it would be in their best interest.

I was talking to a kid delivering packages for Amazon along my route the other day. I told him I used to do the same (and worked out of the same hub as him), he asked me why I left for UPS. I said “Pension.” His response, “What’s that?”

4. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

They would have want too.

Organizing is a "tuff nut" to crack.

Without a motivated workforce.... the IBT or Local Union is just spinning their wheels.

And, spending the members dues money on a lost cause.

-Bug-

5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The thing I do not understand is that Amazon can be organized on a site by site basis. Seems the smart play would be to find a warehouse in a pro-union state (a state that is not RTW) and organize 1 of the warehouses. Once that is done, negotiate a contract, then organize others.

6. Baba gounj

Baba gounj Well-Known Member

The wrinkle is that Amazon will claim that all workers actually belong to multiple sub-contractors with a single building. The old shell game.

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Funny thing is the partimers won't even care. All they see is $15.00 an hour and imagjne how many bags of Doritos that buys.

8. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

Or Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

That is way too upscale for a partimer. Maybe a Dunkin donuts coffee with half a cup of sugar and cream.

10. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Fixed it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. Dulce Bombón

Dulce Bombón I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

New hires are not interested on benefits packages, etc.. is the $$$. They are young to think that one day, they will need a hip replacement or some incentive in life. Only focus on paying their I Phones on time, and have a pair of Jordan or Nike's to flash around.

12. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

And the real moral of the story is that at the least the new part timers that work for Amazon can afford a car.

13. brostalss

Buy? Lease? Or Fair app?

14. Cardb0ard.

Cardb0ard. Beer and more beer

7 eleven coffee seems more like it

15. brostalss

Just don't ask for a black coffee. That's racist. You now need to ask for an un-creamed coffee.