Amazons

Karma...

sure......the right to organize is fine.......as long as its not to force people to be part of that union......that would be communism ........and I am not a communist !.......so closed states are actually communists ...hail Karl Marx ! seems like the democrats are communists and favor the world order....

Karma...

to clarify...the right to choose is american.....states should be r.t.w. states allowing people to choose to be union or not choose. to be union........to do otherwise is un-American and communistic. I am curious as to how many upsers in closed states would opt to stay union if their states became r.t.w states.....the union has to be a better alternative to be relevant ...otherwise there is no point.......the dismal turnout of the election is a good indicator.........its a changing society and the union must improve.

to clarify...the right to choose is american.....states should be r.t.w. states allowing people to choose to be union or not choose. to be union........to do otherwise is un-American and communistic. I am curious as to how many upsers in closed states would opt to stay union if their states became r.t.w states.....the union has to be a better alternative to be relevant ...otherwise there is no point.......the dismal turnout of the election is a good indicator.........its a changing society and the union must improve.
Seriously you need to stop none of the stuff concerns you

PT Car Washer

I live in a RTW for peanuts state and the vast majority in my building choose to be Teamsters. Most of the ones who don't join are new hires earning minimum wages and no benefits. Don't blame them. The others are right leaning who believe the company pays them $40/hr is because they deserve it. LOL

Karma...

thats great....I am only bringing up freedom of choice.......I am all for organized labor...r.t.w. states actually coerce the unions to do a better job thus benefiting its members. and keeping them....

PT Car Washer

thats great....I am only bringing up freedom of choice.......I am all for organized labor...r.t.w. states actually coerce the unions to do a better job thus benefiting its members. and keeping them....
I would not completely disagree with you that having a choice forces the Union to better represent both members and non members. A lot of members chose to join when they were in trouble over some trivial matter and the Union protected their job.

Karma...

I would not completely disagree with you that having a choice forces the Union to better represent both members and non members. A lot of members chose to join when they were in trouble over some trivial matter and the Union protected their job.
given a choice I would join....I just dislike being coerced with no choice.....I happened to start ups in a closed shop state....my local really did a fine job representing ft and pt people..

PT Car Washer

given a choice I would join....I just dislike being coerced with no choice.....I happened to start ups in a closed shop state....my local really did a fine job representing ft and pt people..
When I started the Union application was just part of the pile of papers you signed. I must say my Local has always done a good job of representing the members and even non members. And even members that ran against those in control of the Union Local. Local politics can be really messy.

Karma...

thats true.....I can surely say that my local dealt with people fairly across the board....I was an active pt steward for some time....I also was one of the original red-circle people......I do wish that the company remained private and been sold out by the upper echelons....a grave betrayal for sure...such is greed and power.

Trailer monkey

actually I am more union than management......I also agree with freedom of choice....the union really has to present a viable reason (s) for people to join...not just a knee jerk reaction.....I am very knowledgeable concerning the labor history in america. ...closed shop states are a relic of the past. they are the result of deals made between management and unions.......times do change. ...and yes I misspoke earlier about being too early concerning the union transfer of power.........I dont have any vested in this......I dont have any ups stock anymore and my ups pension isn't going anywhere.....could be if there is a strike and ups stock goes down enough I will buy back in......many ups management both retired and active are rooting for you folks for this reason........I was fine with united parcel service up until the public debacle and going public as ups....I get amazon packages and I talk with the drivers........they certainly dont know who you folks are.......better increase your visibility....the truth is that both union and ups are companies......and change your name by dropping the international until you folks are international.....its inaccurate and mis-leading being false advertisement.......ive been mentioning this for a long time....
Someone knowledgeable of labor history would know that closed shops were outlawed in 1935, also Amazon drivers are not employed by Amazon

Karma...

closed shops in the sense that in many states ups is closed shop as to drivers, inside parcel handlers and some clerk functions....

Trailer monkey

closed shops in the sense that in many states ups is closed shop as to drivers, inside parcel handlers and some clerk functions....
Those are union shops, a closed shop is when a company agrees to hire union members only, which I don't think should be illegal