Ambulance coverages

davburke

Last month I called 911 and an ambulance picked me up. I just called Teamcare a moment ago to verify ambulance coverages and at the beginning of the conversation she went on and on about how ambulance is 100% coverage for everything. Now she is saying that the ambulance that picked me up was out of network and team care will only cover a certain amount and I am responsible for the rest???

Last edited:

Faceplanted

Last month I called 911 and an ambulance picked me up. I just called Teamcare a moment ago to verify ambulance coverages and at the beginning of the conversation she went on and on about how ambulance is 100% coverage for everything. Now she is saying that the ambulance that picked me up was out of network and team care will only cover a certain amount and I am responsible for the rest???
If true wow!!! Do we call 9-11 and ask for a specific ambulance i.e. The fire department, or do we have to ask for regular emts who work for a third party when on the phone with 911? Curious to who I need to ask for if me and my depends are in dire need of medical help asap

davburke

I felt like I was going to faint. I called 911 I had the flu with 103.7 temperature and they said I definitely need to go to the hospital.

rod

Retired 22 years
Be thankful you didn't have to be air lifted by helicopter. My Mother-in-law just had to pay $7,000 (the bill was around $20,000) because her supplemental insurance company said she could have been treated at a hospital that was half way to where they flew her (as if she had any say in the matter). My wife fought with them for six months over this because MIL's Doctor had requested she be flown to this particular hospital because that is where she was.

anHOURover

The company plan would have covered you 100% !!! We were lied to!! There are a few sups and old guard roosters on here that think Teamcare is good !!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Now you are a doctor ??
I-Suspect-Funny-Chicken-Meme.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
here in the west emergencies are covered 100 %. you can always negotiate the bill after waiting for 4-5 notices to pay and then wait for "final" notice before collection. they will take 20 cents on the dollar. better than nothing for them.

medical costs are way out of hand. my mother used to work at a hospital and she told me your bill is paying for the many people that don't pay. therefore they will almost always negotiate .

you should also have the right to appeal your bill with the insurance. ask questions. call and pester. don't take NO for an answer.

you can also ask them to write off the bill. my spouse was in the hospital after a stroke for 4 days and the bill came out to 38,000 dollars. insurance paid 90 %. ( or close to that ). they wanted around 4 grand. i went down there and told told them they got around 35 grand for 4 days and should be happy with what the insurance paid and if they could just write off the rest.

she agreed that we did have very good insurance and they agreed to write it off.