America the Beautiful

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Every time I hear this song it brings tears to my eyes. I’m proud to be an American. Does she have her flaws and is not perfect? Yes. But our country has been a beacon for the world for many years, regardless. People die every day to try to get here from other countries. Most of them come to start a new life with the advantages afforded here that are unavailable from where they came. Others come here for the freedoms we take for granted. Freedoms that over a million Americans and want to be Americans have died for, and many, many others fought for. Saying that, it makes me so sad to read an article like this. It also scares me. Despite the struggles that our country has gone through from within or without, the one thing that always brought us back together was our patriotism and love for this country and what it stands for. What will happen down the road when all these Americans are ashamed to be Americans?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What will happen down the road when all these Americans are ashamed to be Americans?
Every time I hear this song it brings tears to my eyes. I’m proud to be an American. Does she have her flaws and is not perfect? Yes. But our country has been a beacon for the world for many years, regardless. People die every day to try to get here from other countries. Most of them come to start a new life with the advantages afforded here that are unavailable from where they came. Others come here for the freedoms we take for granted. Freedoms that over a million Americans and want to be Americans have died for, and many, many others fought for. Saying that, it makes me so sad to read an article like this. It also scares me. Despite the struggles that our country has gone through from within or without, the one thing that always brought us back together was our patriotism and love for this country and what it stands for.
What will happen down the road when all these Americans are ashamed to be Americans?
Very simple, "These type of people will never be Americans!"

floridays

All things considered,
Pick a better country.
It doesn't exist.

Sometimes people aren't happy until they get what they think they wanted.
I do notice third world inhabitants risking life and limb to enter our racist, white supremist Republic.

Happy Independence, while it lasts.

floridays

I clicked the link after my initial post.

No answer to pick a better country.

Not that the answers would be different from college males but each of these Marxists were female, ungrateful sponges. Rescind their right to vote until they have some skin in the game.

I roll like that.

BeefiestMass

There's better countries to live in depending on what your requirements are, but that doesn't have anything to do with being proud to be an American. I think that's the point they're missing.
In any case, America is a uniquely progressive and resilient place and even if you hate every last one of its policies, you should still be grateful. You're Americans, like it or not, might as well feel good about it, wth. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and get drunk and blow some :censored2: up tomorrow.

floridays

There's better countries to live in depending on what your requirements are, but that doesn't have anything to do with being proud to be an American. I think that's the point they're missing.
In any case, America is a uniquely progressive and resilient place and even if you hate every last one of its policies, you should still be grateful. You're Americans, like it or not, might as well feel good about it, wth. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and get drunk and blow some * up tomorrow.
Name one country better to live in.
None have a Constitution like ours or the stated principles in our Declaration of Independence, our founding documents. Granted we live in a post- Constitutional United States, nonetheless no other nation recognizes the individual freedoms our ruling documents enshrine.

Sportello

Anyone going to the Trump honors the United States of America rally in Sarasota?
I’m there, look me up. I’d bet we’d have a great time.

E5Zu4IgVgAA1BUf

It’s not a cult! Quit saying it’s a CULT!

BeefiestMass

Name one country better to live in.
None have a Constitution like ours or the stated principles in our Declaration of Independence, our founding documents. Granted we live in a post- Constitutional United States, nonetheless no other nation recognizes the individual freedoms our ruling documents enshrine.
What are you looking for? Plenty of places with more individual freedoms. Plenty of places with constitutions and other founding documents just like ours, but ours is exceptional because it was the inspiration for all those others. Not the point. America was great before the Constitution, and it's still great "post-Constitution." You're making the same mistake those ashamed kids are making, just in the opposite direction.

bbsam

Staff member
What a silly thing to be worried about but one that every generation gets goofy about. The America filled with Americans of yesterday is very much the same as it always has been and still is today. Older generations bemoan the foolishness of youth all the while downplaying their own youthful stupidity. How many generations of Americans have thrown extremist insults at each other? How many “commies” have grown into titans of industry? How many fascists have stood beside their neighbors enjoying the greatest freedoms citizens have ever known while shouting for the stripping of another’s freedoms?

If there’s anything that runs consistently through this great nation it’s a complete lack of critical self examination and understanding of what we’re even claiming or accusing others of. Pretty warped and funny but standard in this country. Not sure why we’d think times are drastically worse now unless that just comes with individual self centered belief in one ideology over another.

floridays

What are you looking for? Plenty of places with more individual freedoms. Plenty of places with constitutions and other founding documents just like ours, but ours is exceptional because it was the inspiration for all those others. Not the point. America was great before the Constitution, and it's still great "post-Constitution." You're making the same mistake those ashamed kids are making, just in the opposite direction.
You said all I need to hear with this post.
You like to make things up as you go along, anything that suit's your needs.

You must have been educated in the same era as those people.
Our Constitution has inspired no constitution, beyond Liberia 1847.
It was suspended in 1980.

You are as uneducated as the clowns in the video.
Bold statement wasn't that?
I stand by it.