America: the history of us

rod

Retired 22 years
A 6 part series starting tonight on the History Channel------Looks like some good viewing. 9:00-8:00 central time.

bigbrownhen

It does look good, and just checked it won't conflict with our regular Sunday night shows, so we will try to catch it. Hope they play reruns of the rest of the series, might miss Tuesday night. NCIS is back on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've never missed an episode !! He is not your normal rocker.....no drugs, no booze and loves his little Jewish mom. Seems like a good dad too. He just has this hang up about marriage.

rod

Retired 22 years
The 1st episode was excellent. I'm hooked. The 2nd episode is next Sunday. Being on the History Channel I'm sure it will be repeated many times.

ups1990

Excellent show! We should make all children of all racial makeups sit down and watch this program. A great lesson is American history, outstanding.

I totally agree. Most high school kids don't even know who we fought in the revolutionary war. I know some adults also have the same problem. I guess you really can't fix stupid.

M

MaryE

I love our country's history. A did you know?
On the aluminum cap, atop the Washington Monument in Washington , D.C. , are displayed two words: Laus Deo.
No one can see these words. In fact, most visitors to the monument are totally unaware they are even there.
These words have been there for many years; they are 555 feet, 5.125 inches high, perched atop the monument.
Though construction of this giant obelisk began in 1848, when James Polk was President of the United States , it was not until 1888 that the monument was inaugurated and opened to the public. It took twenty-five years to finally cap the memorial with a tribute to the Father of our nation, Laus Deo 'Praise be to God!'
When the cornerstone of the Washington Monument was laid on July 4th, 1848 deposited within it were many items including the Holy Bible presented by the Bible Society.

Monument.jpg