Amusement Park FAIL! Teen Plunges 400 Feet Off Ride

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Somewhere I'm sure there is video of whether or not the kid was screwing around before he fell. Sadly that is what usually has happened.
Those rides usually have 2 types of hold downs. How do you eject?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The ride itself is around 400 feet. He didn't plunge 400, he fell out on the way down, probably less than half that.

Also, from what I've been told he was too big for the restraint thing or whatever to latch properly. As to whether or not there was a secondary restraint that wasn't properly used is still under investigation.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Somewhere I'm sure there is video of whether or not the kid was screwing around before he fell. Sadly that is what usually has happened.
I've seen the video and it didn't look to be the case.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've seen the video and it didn't look to be the case.

Photo shows safety harness of boy, 14, who fell to his death from Orlando ICON theme park ride was NOT buckled seconds before it started​

Tyre Sampson, 14, died on Thursday night after falling from the ride in Orlando

Tyre Sampson, 14, died on Thursday night after falling from the ride in Orlando.

oldngray

nowhere special

Photo shows safety harness of boy, 14, who fell to his death from Orlando ICON theme park ride was NOT buckled seconds before it started​

Tyre Sampson, 14, died on Thursday night after falling from the ride in Orlando.

Big boy. It is usually the kids that are too small for the restraints that have accidents.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Big lawsuit coming. He looks like the harness wouldn’t fit.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

6 Foot 5" & 340 lbs

TTLS1

The free fall ride at kings island has a size limit, if you’re too large(heavyset, obese,FAT) the shoulder harness won’t latch properly and they ask you to exit the ride. This kid looks way too large for the shoulder restraints to work properly

rod

Retired 22 years
The free fall ride at kings island has a size limit, if you’re too large(heavyset, obese,FAT) the shoulder harness won’t latch properly and they ask you to exit the ride. This kid looks way too large for the shoulder restraints to work properly
The picture I saw looks like it wasn't fastened properly. Whoever was in charge of last second checking of the safety harness screwed up royally on this one. He was too big to ride to begin with.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That’s the first thing I thought