An appropriate reponse

bigmistake

During a recent converstaion with my Supervisor, he commented "if you don't like the job, go work somewhere else." My response was, "if thats the way you feel, go supervise somewhere else." What would your response be to such a thoughtless comment?

softshoe

During a recent converstaion with my Supervisor, he commented "if you don't like the job, go work somewhere else." My response was, "if thats the way you feel, go supervise somewhere else." What would your response be to such a thoughtless comment?

I always like to remind a Supervisor that I'd be there longer then they would, and chances are they would be fired or shipped out to the "boonies"

iowa boy

I love my job, just hate the supervision!!!!!!!!!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I love my job, just hate the supervision!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont mind supervision...its the micromanaging beyond micromanaging that has been going on that is a sure sign of an harassing and toxic work environment. I dont need someone to come out with me to tell me I need to move those 900 packages faster when they know damn well that they could NEVER do my route for a week without having a heart attack or getting a slipped disk.

brown bomber

brown bomber
thank you, sir.........may I have another..................this has been standard operating procedure for the past half-dozen years.......eventually this arrogance,will cause problems....it will bite 'em in the ass

Coldworld

60 months and counting
thank you, sir.........may I have another..................this has been standard operating procedure for the past half-dozen years.......eventually this arrogance,will cause problems....it will bite 'em in the ass

hasnt it already been causing problems...most people dread coming to work now and if you ask people a few years ago they wouldnt of had the same response.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Your response was an excellent one. Another might be to say..."I'm sorry that talking to your employees in such a manner is the level you are having to stoop to in order to justify your job." Sometimes it doesnt hurt to give them a subtle reminder of how little authority they actually have.

Blow it off it's really only just cardboard anyway.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
when i was an hourly i'd say something along the lines of "you wish"

as a PT supe, all of my people follow my directions pretty well, thus avoiding such confrontation entirely

then again, i never ask anything of my people that i couldn't do myself, and if they can't handle the work i give them, i hand them off to someone else; i have too much work and not enough time to drum people out of UPS and i won't train and lead someone just to harass them about production metrics handed down from someone i've never even met

i'll leave the firing/harassment to someone who enjoys that nonsense

steward71

when i was an hourly i'd say something along the lines of "you wish"

as a PT supe, all of my people follow my directions pretty well, thus avoiding such confrontation entirely

then again, i never ask anything of my people that i couldn't do myself, and if they can't handle the work i give them, i hand them off to someone else; i have too much work and not enough time to drum people out of UPS and i won't train and lead someone just to harass them about production metrics handed down from someone i've never even met

i'll leave the firing/harassment to someone who enjoys that nonsense
good for you.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i have heard that line for 26 years. I just laugh at them,ask them if thats really the best line they have and walk away laughing