Ancestry Results

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anyone else get these DNA mapping done?

Very disappointed I didn't have any African-American or Native American DNA traces in my blood.
I'm just a typical WASP much to my dismay.
Thank Gawd, I'm a true Southerner ... I just couldn't handle being a Yankee descendant.
My great-grandmother was 50% Cherokee Indian but I didn't get the mitochondrial DNA passed on to me.
Such is the way with Natural Selection.

Hoke's Ancestry Map.jpg

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special

Very disappointed I didn't have any African-American or Native American DNA traces in my blood.
I'm just a typical WASP much to my dismay.
A true Southerner to my relief ... I just couldn't handle being a Yankee.
My great-grandmother was 50% Creek Indian but I didn't get the mitochondrial DNA passed on to me.
Such is the way with Natural Selection.

View attachment 131280

I always strongly suspected it was a scam and they would just make up your supposed DNA results. How could you tell if they did so?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I have an aunt who did it a few months ago. The only thing I remember in particular was Scandinavian. Whether or not any made it to me is anyone's guess. Pretty sure I'm a North Central European mutt in any case.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have an aunt who did it a few months ago. The only thing I remember in particular was Scandinavian. Whether or not any made it to me is anyone's guess. Pretty sure I'm a North Central European mutt in any case.
You really only need 1 person in family to have it checked and share the results with siblings.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That's it for me ... my wife wanted me to.
I could not care less.
I'm me ... never been interested in ancestry except medical reasons.
That's kinda how I've always been. Probably why I'd like to slap the :censored2: out of some people who won't shut the friend* up on St. Patrick's Day about their 8th generation, 1/16th such and such from a place that was so great they left to come here.