And im the insensitive one? Wheres the outrage from you folks?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Recently, I was criticised by some on this board for talking about Ann Romneys MS and the "potential" for political embarrassment because of that disability. I wasnt laughing, but I was just making a point about the medical condition.

Today, on FOX SPEWS airwaves, Martha McCallum was doing the read-over story about the woman in a wheelchair who attempted to go up an escalator while still sitting in the wheelchair. As the story was being read by MARTHA, she breaks out in uncontrollable laughing at the woman in the most insensitive way.

Serously, to laugh on national television at a woman in a wheelchair who tumbles on an escalator is probably the RUDEST thing Ive ever seen on FOX SPEWS next to their entire programming.

Fox News Anchor MacCallum Can't Stop Laughing--Wheelchair Person Falls Down Escalator - YouTube

Video: Fox News' Martha MacCallum Laughs at Woman's Wheelchair Accident

MARTHA OWES THIS WOMAN AN ON AIR APOLOGY.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Recently, I was criticised by some on this board for talking about Ann Romneys MS and the "potential" for political embarrassment because of that disability. I wasnt laughing, but I was just making a point about the medical condition.

Today, on FOX SPEWS airwaves, Martha McCallum was doing the read-over story about the woman in a wheelchair who attempted to go up an escalator while still sitting in the wheelchair. As the story was being read by MARTHA, she breaks out in uncontrollable laughing at the woman in the most insensitive way.

Serously, to laugh on national television at a woman in a wheelchair who tumbles on an escalator is probably the RUDEST thing Ive ever seen on FOX SPEWS next to their entire programming.

Fox News Anchor MacCallum Can't Stop Laughing--Wheelchair Person Falls Down Escalator - YouTube

Peace

TOS
I also laughed at this tape. What idiot doesn't know about wheels and escalators???

That's why they also have elevators where they have escalators. This idiot almost got a stranger injured in her insane stunt. You don't do strollers, shopping carts or anything with wheels up an escalator. Everybody knows this!! Wheels at your ownris!

The only apology owed is by the imbecile in the wheelchair to the guy she hurt with her idiotic behavior.

And don't try to tell me she's mentally incapacitated......because then she should've had a buddy with her.

Numbskull will probably try to sue the store!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The issue isnt the womans bad decision, its the laughing by a cable news anchor over a woman, with a disability ( whatever it is ) tumbling on an escalator. Martha McCallum should apologize for her stupidity.

Today, she wasnt on the air.

Could be, they took her off for the day to let the situation "cool down".

Peace

TOS

island1fox

Peace

TOS

TOS,

An old saying with alot of truth behind it : "Two wrongs do not make a right "

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think we can all agree her actions were dumb, but she got hurt and for a CABLE NEWS ANCHOR to laugh hysterically without regard for this womans disability (whatever it is) it could be MS, is extremely rude.

If this was a clip on TOSH.0 or americas funniest videos, then laughing would be in order.

Clearly, Martha McCallums laughing at this woman while she got injured was completely uncalled for.

I guess its ok to laugh at peoples disabilities then, in your mind? MARTHA needs to apologize.

Peace

TOS

brett636

Most definitely an Obama supporter. This ranks right up there with the woman who walked right into a fountain inside a mall. People who make stupid decisions and get laughed at for it probably deserved it and this woman's disability does not negate this simple truth.

rod

Retired 22 years
After seeing her walk down the stairs the only thing that appears to be handicapped about her is her brain

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Peace

TOS

You are correct.
I slammed you for making your ill informed comments regarding MS.

I watched the video.
The comments by Martha are in bad taste.

The choice to run the video was also poor programing.
No one in need of a chair would risk a stunt as extreme.
This person was waiting for their 15 minutes of fame.

You may or may not know two On-Air employees at Fox have MS.
One regular contributor is a Quad in a chair.

And for believing a disabled person is liability...suck it up and watch the Olympics.
A man, who could, in your opinion, who should, just sit in a chair and wait for time to pass and not embarass his country is running.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Laughter is often an involuntary and uncontrollable response to what our mind perceives as funny.

A woman deliberately trying to ride a wheelchair up an escalator is, on the surface at least, kind of funny.

There is a big difference between choosing to ridicule or make fun of somebody and simply reacting with laughter.