And so it begins--new driver getting sent home Mondays

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I'm about a month out of qualifying now and just got sent home due to basically zero seniority. To be honest I've kind of been waiting for this period where I have a weekday off! Think I'll go shoot a round of golf :happy-very: drive safe everyone!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'm about a month out of qualifying now and just got sent home due to basically zero seniority. To be honest I've kind of been waiting for this period where I have a weekday off! Think I'll go shoot a round of golf :happy-very: drive safe everyone!

Don't worry, you'll probably be stuck working T-S before long and then you can golf every Monday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I remember waay back when I was a brand new cover driver and came in to work one morning and my supervisor asked me if I wanted the day off, I was all over it. Those were the days..

rod

Retired 22 years
For about the first 5 years after started driving I was laid off after Christmas for 3 or 4 weeks. It never bothered me at all because my wife had a good paying job. I always looked forward to it.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Enjoy it, especially if you are getting hosed in your first year of progression. My thoughts were take days off at $18 an hour and work them when I'm at $35 an hour.

LongIslandNewbie

I am the newest cover driver in my center, made book in January. They tried to send me home today and I said I want to work. The supervisor said oh you have days carried over from last year, i said no days recycle today and I don't want to use one I want to work. I went to shop steward and said hey why are 4 trainees going our and they want to send me home. So i miraculously got a route and the Center Manager comes over to me on the way out and says oh your demanding to work? I said no not demanding just stating that I am guaranteed 8 hours, so that's what I want. He says I better see you here everyday and not calling out? Really WTF why are they such D#%@s?

rod

Retired 22 years
I am the newest cover driver in my center, made book in January. They tried to send me home today and I said I want to work. The supervisor said oh you have days carried over from last year, i said no days recycle today and I don't want to use one I want to work. I went to shop steward and said hey why are 4 trainees going our and they want to send me home. So i miraculously got a route and the Center Manager comes over to me on the way out and says oh your demanding to work? I said no not demanding just stating that I am guaranteed 8 hours, so that's what I want. He says I better see you here everyday and not calling out? Really WTF why are they such D#%@s?

Give em hell---stand up for your rights. The union needs 10,000 more like you. P.S. Is the bottom 10% guaranteed 8 hrs?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Call in tomorrow.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Give em hell---stand up for your rights. The union needs 10,000 more like you. P.S. Is the bottom 10% guaranteed 8 hrs?

You may be thinking of Article 12 in the Central.

There shall be a weekly guarantee in each center as follows: In each
classification in each center, the most senior ninety percent (90%)
of employees called or put to work on the first (1st) workday shall
be afforded the opportunity of working forty (40) hours of straight
time work during the week.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Have fun working while I'm off most of July.

El Correcto

god is dead
Took me one 8 hour grievance, they make sure I got plenty of work now :).