And the plot thickens in NC,

Ouch

I didn't even realize good ole Van Skillman was still around, figured he retired by now.

Parcel workers’ union wants labor board to void UPS-Teamsters contract - Winston-Salem Journal: Local

"In the letter to the NLRB, Skillman also listed the following complaints, that the national contract "illegally forces" UPS employees to become dues-paying Teamsters members, and those employees’ dues or fees should be returned to them."

Thats funny I was just talking about him this morning. I thought he'd be retired by now as well.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Huh, would having a management person put APWA interest cards in everyones locker on a Sunday be considered
"unlawful collusion"? Because that is what I personally witnessed here.

​More mud flung on the wall from Tom Coleman.

Tolietpaper

So let me get this straight Skillman is trying to build a new union to help us out one by UPS employees for UPS employees. What a novel idea a union that, would actually reprsent its members. Sounds like a good idea to me the IBT sure doesn't care about anything but lining their own pockets at our expense.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
So let me get this straight Skillman is trying to build a new union to help us out one by UPS employees for UPS employees. What a novel idea a union that, would actually reprsent its members. Sounds like a good idea to me the IBT sure doesn't care about anything but lining their own pockets at our expense.

No, Skillman was part of an effort orchestrated by a "union avoidance" (read: union busting) lawyer -- Tom Coleman -- that originated out of UPS hubs in Local 391's jurisdiction and spread to a few other centers. Fortunately, it never gained any traction nor won any elections.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
"In return for assurances of stable labor relations, UPS has improperly acquiesced in the perpetuation of a fictional impenetrable bargaining unit which, by operation of the national contract, prevents any challenge to the IBT representational status."

If anyone believes a truck driver (and not a union busting lawyer with multiple books out on how to do the same) wrote that, then I've got a bridge for sale.